Speak freely with Confide. With our encrypted messenger app, your mobile communications will be completely confidential and have the same level of privacy as the spoken word.
You’ll leave zero trace online with end-to-end encrypted messaging, vanishing messages, screenshot-proof technology, and Incognito Mode. You can even send retractable messages or use our line-by-line text reader.
Over 350 million encrypted messages have already been delivered safely and self-destructed with the help of Confide, while the patented ScreenshieldKit technology prevented more than 7.9K screenshot attempts.
Here's what you get with Confide:
Send private texts and sensitive data with end-to-end encryption. (Your data is never saved on our servers.)
Turn on Confidential Mode, and your messages will disappear after they’re read. Want to keep them for the day? Turn off Confidential Mode. Regardless, all messages will disappear automatically 24 hours after being sent.
Confide’s highly-rated iMessage plugin does what no other technology can: erases your iMessages during any conversation. With Confide, you can compose and send self-destructive messages via iMessage.
Confide’s patented technology ensures messages cannot be screenshotted by their recipients. Passports, credit cards, personal docs, and sensitive messages stay protected.
PRIVATE AND GROUP MESSAGING
Enjoy all of the privacy perks of this secret text app, like anonymous text, safe chat, and private texting – whether you’re 1-to-1 messaging or using group chat.
Add a layer of security to group texts. Quickly start a thread within the chat experience to keep the momentum going – without disrupting an ongoing group chat conversation.
Stay anonymous. Unlike other encrypted messenger apps that announce when a new user has joined, Incognito Mode ensures you become undiscoverable to the people you don’t want to be seen by.
RETRACT UNREAD MESSAGES
Make private messaging even more private with the option to unsend unread messages. Change your mind? Retract!
* Create nicknames for your contacts
* Switch themes
AVAILABLE ON MOBILE AND DESKTOP
Use an anonymous chat, encrypted messaging, safe chat, private text, and Confide’s other features on the go or closer or on your computer.
Everyone deserves their privacy. Confide is perfect for professionals in the financial, political, journalism, and legal fields – because conversations are safe, and they don’t leave a paper trail.
The Confide app has been used by thousands of people around the globe and been featured by The New York Times, TechCrunch, and many more. Join the Confide community today!
Subscribe to Premium to access all the features of the secret text app.
* Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase.
* Subscriptions will automatically renew and payment will be charged to your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal depends on your Subscription Plan.
Our standard Subscription Plans are:
* 1-Year Subscription with a 7-day free trial
* 1-Month Subscription with a 7-day trial
* Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription. You can cancel or manage your free trial's auto-renewal in your Account Settings after purchase. The cancellation will take effect 24-hours after the last day of the current subscription period and you will be downgraded to the free service.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
Terms of Service: https://getconfide.com/terms
California Privacy Notice: https://getconfide.com/privacy
Introducing Confide Conversations
- We’ve redesigned the Confide chat experience! Always private and secure, it’s now more flexible.
- Confide Messages are always End to End Encrypted and Screenshot protected, but now you have the power to control when they disappear and whether they are covered with - Confide’s message text overlay with Confidential Mode.
- Turn it ON:
* Messages self destruct as soon as they are read
* Messages are covered with text overlay
- Turn it OFF:
* Messages self destruct 24 hours after being sent
* Messages are visible in the Conversations thread
Last but not least — Confide gets a refreshed look and feel
- We’ve updated our visual design to provide you with a more modern and seamless confidential messaging experience.
We hope you’re as excited about these new features as we are. We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback. Thanks for using Confide to protect your privacy and security!
Ratings and Reviews
Other apps have end-to-end encryption, but that defeats the purpose if the person saves the messages you all have or screenshots them. This app blocks the screenshot AND notifies the other person. And then on top of that you can only read one line at a time and then it has to erase before you can reply or if you even leave the screen.
Lawyers and IT Admins will love it
Oftentimes I need to give quick confidential advice to a client, but am wary of them inadvertently sharing it in a manner that will void the attorney/client privilege that could allow an opposing party to use it against them like a confession (the 'worst case scenario' advice lawyers are always giving). This is the only app I've found that I trust to deliver a written message that should otherwise only be given verbally. I'm not a criminal lawyer so no assertions on how it would fare against determined law enforcement, but for civil law work I think it's the only app you should ever use for sensitive communications.
In 10 years it will be considered malpractice to send messages any other way. Don't miss the boat, it makes you look good - ahead of the pack plus it could save the case or the deal from the client who loses their phone weekly.
Please note that if you want to recall a message you sent or read an old one, basically anything beyond the most basic functionality, it will cost you $5. I don't know if that's per feature or what, just be advised that mistakes might be fixable --- for a price. The developer's sales technique is bit annoying, but I don't feel I was bait and switched like most other apps that do this, and these guys have to make money somehow so no insult intended.
Beware if you think you’re downloading a free app. The $59 subscription will be billed to your account days later and Apple will be unable to issue a refund since Confide abides by Apples policies. You can avoid being charged if you cancel the auto renewal in your Apple ID subscriptions tab: settings, Apple ID, subscription, Confide. Unlike most subscriptions that tend to offer a prorated refund, Confide, by default, locks you into a year of service. I emailed Confides customer service and was told that Apple handles all refunds.
I was hoping to love this app but it’s difficult to convince other recipients to pay to receive messages, especially when they’re at risk of unintentionally signing up for a $59 service that they thought would be free, or at worst, be billed $4 for a month of service.
$59 billing surprises can’t be a smart business model.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Confide, Inc.
- 57.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020-2021 Confide, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Confide Plus $59.99
- Confide Plus Yearly $49.99
- Confide Plus $29.99
- Confide Plus $3.99
- Confide Plus $6.99
- Confide Plus $47.99
- Confide Plus Monthly $9.99
- Confide Plus $4.99
- Confide Plus (Introductory Pricing) $1.99
- Confide Plus $35.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.