Tired of having to repeat yourself, answer silly security questions, and re-verify your identity every time a call center transfers your number? Done with having to keep track of a different password for every site you use?
With Connect.Me, that’s all a thing of the past. Our app allows your favorite brands to verify your identity once and use that same trusted, secure verification to immediately recognize your customer status every time you log-in to their site, walk-in to their store, or call-in to their support line.
The result? More trusted consumer relationships and less time spent trying to remember passwords and answers to security questions like the name of your first crush.
With Connect.Me, you can:
Create a private, unique cryptographic connection between your phone and your Credit Union (or other businesses) to communicate
Send and receive information over a secure connection
Instantly prove your identity and customer loyalty status in a more secure manner than passwords and security questions
Gather, store, and share credentials (like a digital driver’s license)
Connect.Me is a digital wallet for storing the first digital identity credentials solely owned and controlled by the user. The connections you form are yours. Your data lives with you. Organizations can connect with you and communicate with you privately and securely.
Think of it as the evolution of the wallet in your backpocket. Just as you can pull out your wallet and flash your driver’s license to verify your identity in the physical world, you can now open your Connect.Me wallet and tap a button to verify your identity in the digital world.
Why use Connect.Me?
1. It actively protects your privacy. Connect.Me creates brand new unique channels for communication, called Connections, each time you connect to a new organization or business. This means no identifying information is ever used twice. It’s kind of like inventing a new language only the two parties know and understand, and it’s alldone automatically, behind the scenes, every time you make a connection—to maximize your privacy and not leave a digital “wake” that can be used to track or correlate your identity.
2. The app publisher (Evernym, Inc) doesn’t (and never will) own any of your information. Zip, zero, zilch. Connect.Me is a digital wallet, which means everything in it belongs only to you and lives on your physical phone. If you lose your phone or uninstall the app, you can recover through our backup and recovery options.
3. Connect.Me contents are protected by state-of-the-art encryption. Sometimes when a company says “end-to-end” encryption, they conveniently leave out the part where the company providing it can also decrypt and view the information. Not so with Connect.Me. Every connection you make is truly peer-to-peer with no middle man (or company). We use Ed25519 elliptic curve cryptography. It is a newer type of crypto that offers faster and stronger signing and verification.
Connect.Me offers a glimpse of what a world of decentralized, self-sovereign identity can look like. Try it out, let us know what you think, and visit www.evernym.com/plans/ if you want to join a growing list of organizations making decentralized identity a reality.
Improvements we made
CM-2456 I want to use multiple Indy ledgers simultaneously
CM-2946 MISC Connect.Me UX improvements
CM-2944 My Connections view styling improvements
CM-2943 I want the credentials view to look a bit better (some style and layout improvements)
CM-2890 Use Native Stack navigator for ConnectMe navigation
CM-2887 ONLINE — I want to prove with a QR code (I have an internet connection)
CM-2883 Change text of button label in settings
CM-2879 Implement SafetyNet and DeviceCheck for Step #2 of provisioning security
CM-2874 I want to scan and verify a proof from another CMe user
CM-2852 I want to still be able to use Connect.Me without internet connectivity
CM-2837 attributes left blank should be hidden by default
CM-2801 The back button should always go to the Home view before exiting the app
CM-2773 CMe should handle failed connections gracefully
CM-2752 Add sponsor for ConnectMe
CM-2709 Public CI / CD for Connect.Me
CM-2708 Connect.me code on GitHub
CM-2707 Connect.Me repo with a clean history
CM-2434 CMe app preview (when switching between apps) shouldn't show any info inside CMe
CM-2204 Connect.Me shouldn't be dependent on ledger connectivity for presenting proofs
CM-2856 ConnectMe should be able to open deeplinks containing Out-of-Band invitation with attachment
CM-2885 Implement 'events' via Apptentive so we can track usage and do app surveys
Bugs we squashed
CM-2949 Text is too faint when hiding empty attributes
CM-2948 Sometimes getting stuck when the app is started
CM-2947 ConnectMe crashes scanning credential Show Credential issued using proprietary protocol
CM-2942 Connection name says 'Unknown' in recent history for shared proofs
CM-2912 Canceling of entering biometrics leaves me stuck
CM-2909 Deeplink opening hangs indefinitely when I unlock the app quickly
CM-2906 Entering and leaving the password screen causes inconsistent state
CM-2884 I get stuck if I deny camera permissions at a certain time
CM-2878 Connect.Me does not send logs when shake-for-logs is activated
CM-2868 Credential screen touch target is too small
CM-2867 QR code URL format not recognized
CM-2850 CSV attachment is shown as Unknown type in credential offer preview
CM-2828 CMe and MP should work against AcaPy when using certain protocols
CM-2790 Connect.me incorrectly showing broken Wi-Fi symbol when there is connectivity
CM-2735 Issue with opening “Give app feedback” modal on some devices
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- EVERNYM, INC.
- 91.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Evernym Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.