Welcome to ConnectTheWords! The free daily word connections puzzle game – connect 4 words to win!
ConnectTheWords is a free connect 4 word puzzle game, designed to stimulate the brain and provide a fun and engaging daily activity.
Join thousands of happy players and test your puzzle-solving and wordplay skills to see if you can re-order the 16 square Grid into four groups of connected words.
Have you played Wordle or the puzzle games of the New York Times? Do you like TV quiz shows like Lingo, Chain Reaction or Only Connect? Do you enjoy challenging yourself with crosswords, anagrams, wordsearch or wordscapes games? Then this is the app for you!
ConnectTheWords will train your brain, entertaining you with fun and exciting challenges while expanding your vocabulary and your general knowledge.
Stay mentally sharp with our fun Daily Challenge, a fresh new quiz every day for you to solve to win extra Coins and Xp Points! Hunt for the themed connections but be sure to look closely for words that could belong to two different themes. Pick the right answers every day to maintain your success streak.
Think you’ve cracked the game? There are thousands of free word puzzle Rounds, and each one offers a new challenge, making the game tricker as you progress through the levels.
Worried you’ll hit a wall or get stuck? The more you play, the more Xp points and Coins you earn. Coins allow you to buy Hints, so you can complete even the trickiest levels!
Play the game alone, but find your friends in the app to track each other’s progress.
HOW TO PLAY
• Sort the 16-square Grid into 4 groups of 4 connecting words or terms, seems simple? It gets progressively more challenging to really test your mental ability!
• If you get stuck, buy a Hint using the Coins you collect playing each level.
• Come back each day to solve our Daily Challenge and earn even more Coins!
• Each Round offers new themes, words and challenges designed to keep your mind sharp and keep boredom at bay.
• Easy to play, tricky to master.
• Modern and sleek design enables you to focus by removing distractions.
• Thousands of Rounds and Daily Challenges for you to solve.
• Daily Challenge, a brand new puzzle once each day!
• Sharpen your mind and improve your puzzle-solving and wordplay skills each time you play.
• Boost your cognitive abilities with a range of challenges, designed to exercise your brain.
• Connect words, test your general knowledge, decipher homonyms and so much more.
• Play solo but use the friend finder feature to track the progress of your pals, and see If you can beat their high scores on the leaderboard
• Take each level at your own personal pace. No timer, no stress.
• Offline gameplay allows you to play without internet connection, whenever and wherever you want.
Ready for a challenge? Play ConnectTheWords now. Good luck and have fun!
• ConnectTheWords is free to play, but you can purchase in-app items such as ‘Hints’ and Ad removal if you wish to.
• ConnectTheWords contains small ads like banners, interstitials, and video ads, which you can pay to remove via the shop.
GET HELP: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Brand new puzzles!
Ratings and Reviews
Two quick improvements until perfection
Such a fun game! However, I would love to be able to go to the next round on my own as I often like to take in what the categories are, especially the final one. With the current model, I barely have time to register the category, let alone reflect on what I missed.
I would also love to be able to skip rounds/go back to them. There are some categories (like golf) where it takes research that I have zero interest in doing, just to move on.
However, I highly recommend this game as it is very clever and fun to ponder.
Arbitrary faulty reasoning
This game is fun in the beginning, but as you progress it becomes simply a vehicle for advertisements. This is accomplished by creating arbitrary correct choices where it is not about the words but the faulty thinking of the creators of the puzzle. These puzzles include multiple (more than 4) correct choices. Grouping logically correct words are indicated as incorrect by the puzzle creators. This forces the player to use “hints” which eventually are exhausted, and force the player to view ads, to try to figure out the thinking of the puzzle creators. For example, one puzzle requires matching NFL team nick names. The words provided include actual parts of the team names and there are more than 4 possible correct choices. To make matters worse some of the choices are not “nick names” at all. Another example is the puzzle with words having two words imbedded in one word. The same puzzle includes words with fruit imbedded in the word. The problem is that some of these word choices are applicable to “connecting words” for both the former and the latter intent of the puzzle maker. I suggest you don’t waste your time on this one, I am deleting it.
Game is fun but I have a few issues
First of all, there is a category that is synonyms of the word “example word here” and one of the four words will be that word. For example, I had one game where one of the categories was “synonyms for the word challenge” and challenge was on of the answers. THAT’S NOT HOW SYNONYMS WORK.
Second of all, they will have categories that are so closely related that its nearly impossible to differentiate. I just played a game where it had one category that was things associated with fall and the other was holidays in November…… it was frustrating to say the least.
But other than those things the game is usually fun, I’m just aggravated on those accounts.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- InQuisiTiVe Media Limited
- 136.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 InQuisiTiVe Media Limited
- In-App Purchases
- 100 Coins $2.99
- 250 Coins $5.99
- 1000 Coins $16.99
- Remove Ads $5.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.