Stay on top of your marketing on the go with the Constant Contact app. View stats, contacts & images on your device.
Look at what you can do:
Track the Progress of Your Emails
- View who opened, clicked each link, and when.
- Review opt-outs and bounces.
Manage Your Contacts
- View, add, scan, and edit contacts
- Manage your contact lists
Compose and Schedule Emails
- Create and edit emails using our mobile editor.
- Use a Quick Campaign to send an image and text or a Standard Campaign template for links and buttons.
- Send a test of any email and schedule / send drafts you authored from the desktop.
Note : Emails created through your web browser can be scheduled from the app, but not edited or re-sent. We understand this need and are working to bring you bi-directional editing capability. Emails created in the app are not restricted.
Manage Your Images
- Upload multiple images to Library from your Photos app or capture new images using your device camera.
-Edit or remove photos in your Library
Post to Facebook
- Create a social post on your Facebook page using images from your device or library.
A Constant Contact account with user name and password is required to use the app. Multiple accounts are supported.
• Fixed issue preventing campaigns from being saved.
Ratings and Reviews
After the learning curve...
I’ve found Constant Contact to be fairly easy to use for my 2 different businesses. The drag and drop feature for photos is a plus for me. And starting with one template then being able to incorporate additional features to personalize the email has been beneficial.
I use the results reporting area to manage my data base. Customer service was a BIG help when we had a company move across town and I needed to remove 200+ email addresses- they walked me thru a short cut- AND I wasn’t on hold forever!!
There are more features in place, that I plan on utilizing in the future....
Buggy is an understatement
Any company with this much revenue and this many customers should be able to create a basic working app without the incedible number of bugs this has. So flawed. I try it about 2-3 times per year, hoping they have worked out the bugs. Nope. Worse, if anything. And when you call tech support, they’re like what? Huh? Oh, well all I can see is what’s on my laptop. My response: why have a mobile app if tech support isn’t going to share the pain when there is a bug, and will report it and get it fixed. Final assessment: the only reason the app is worth downloading is to watch your stats when you are away from your laptop. The tech support guy even asked me: why would you be using your iPhone for this? I said well, why do you have a mobile app if you don’t expect me to??? I’m frequently away from my computer, therefore I use my iPhone for a lot of business.
Developer Response ,
Hi BeckyMGA. Thank you for your review of the app and the insight you provided into your experience with it. I apologize for any inconvenience while trying to use it. I would definitely love to get your feedback in front of our developers. If you could email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username and any specific feedback on features you're looking for in the app I will make sure it gets in front of them. - Natalie Brownell, Social Media Manager, @CTCTHelp
This apps only functionalities are seeing the stats for campaigns sent on a desktop and adding contacts. When I talked to the sales rep, I was assured that I could create my campaign on the mobile app. While that is technically true, here are a few things she failed to mention:
1. Campaigns created on a desktop cannot be edited on the app
2. When you create a campaign on the app, you are limited on how many “fields” you can put on the campaign.
3. You do not have half of the features available to customize a template on the app as you do on a desktop.
4. You cannot schedule existing campaigns on the app unless you created them on the app.
5. You cannot hyperlink text on the app. You can only add individual links.
6. You cannot link the “button” feature to an email address like you can in the desktop version.
7. You cannot attach a link to an image like you can in the desktop version.
8. You cannot edit anything about what the email says.
The funny thing is that this company’s free competition allows you to do all of this and even more on the app AND desktop.
Literally the only benefit received with their outrageous monthly fees are more emails reaching the inbox instead of the junk box.
Seriously considering ending my subscription and going back to MailChimp.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.