••• SYNCS GROUPS!
••• SYNCS AUTOMATICALLY!
••• #1 IN DOWNLOADS & REVIEWS FOR 8+ YEARS!
With ”Contacts Sync for Google Gmail,” you can quickly & easily sync your Google & Mac contacts so that you can have access to your contacts wherever you go. This app distinguishes itself with its reliability, ease of use, speed, and with a true "2-way sync" that merges changes made to both your Gmail & Mac contacts. This is the #1 app for syncing Google contacts with Mac both in terms of downloads & reviews.
Also of significance, this app syncs contact groups with Google. For instance, you may have organized your Google contacts into groups such as "friends," "family," and "coworkers." After syncing, your Mac groups will match your Google groups.
With the customizability that this app provides, it can be used in a number of creative ways. For example, you can backup your Mac contacts to Google, you can sync iCloud or Exchange contacts with Google, or you can perform syncs in one direction only (such as Google to Mac).
• Choose from one of the following sync types: 2-way sync, Google contacts -> Mac, Mac contacts -> Google, & Manual Sync
• Choose a 2-way sync to combine changes you’ve made to Gmail & Mac
• Choose a 1-way sync to transfer changes in one direction only
• Choose a manual sync to sync selected contacts only
• Sync specific contacts only by using filters
• Apply the group filter to sync contacts that belong to the specified groups only
SYNCS ALL FIELDS:
• Syncs all fields including names, phonetic names, nicknames, email addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses, company names, job titles, departments, birthdays, anniversaries, events, notes, web page addresses, relationships, instant messaging accounts, & social profiles
• Syncs contact photos
• Syncs custom labels & custom fields
• During the initial sync, the contents of matching Google & Mac contacts will be merged
CONFIRM CHANGES BEFORE SYNCING:
• Review each change before the sync actually begins
• Easily override the suggested changes
• Automatically syncs contacts in the background 24/7
• Choose which Mac contact account you want to sync with Google whether it's an ordinary “On My Mac” account, iCloud, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or even Facebook
• Prevents duplicates by automatically matching your Google & Mac contacts when syncing
• Eliminate duplicates at contacts.google.com and sync to remove from Mac
• Monitor the results of the current sync, and review the results of the last 100 synchronizations
• Compatible with iCloud, Google Apps, Exchange Server, SSO
• English, French, & Spanish
• In the case that you need support, our friendly American customer support team usually answers emails within 4 hours
* Fixed issue with contact photos not appearing in Google when syncing Google with certain CardDAV accounts
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Where has this app been all my life??? Perfectd for iPhones!!
I’ve now been using this app for almost two months. If you use an email app tied to Google but keep your contacts in Apple’s Contacts app, it is essential for them to sync, since new or revised emails addresses that you load into your Apple Contacts are fetched by your iPhone from Gmail, not from the Apple Contacts. This app makes this constant self-syncing a piece of cake. Be sure to backup your Contacts before using this in case you screw up (I did backup but didn’t screw up), but you’ll be very pleased with the results. It syncs everything in your Apple Contacts including your notes, addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc. I couldn’t be happier!!
First, I'll say that the application itself works wonderfully for the most part. The only quirk that you must get used to is the fact that it doesn't show as an "application" in the dock, such as other applications would. It only shows in the top status bar, along with other icons near to the clock.
Now, on to my problem related to the licensing. I will revise/remove this rating if the developer fixes this problem. But just recently, the app began to request my purchase of an additional unlock on the already full-version purchased application. Unless I give in to the demands, it will only synchronize 40 of my contacts. I have attempted to contact the developer for support on this, but I wanted to leave this review for anyone else who may be in the same boat. It is somewhat confusing because there is another application, Synctastic, by the same developer. This app appears in the "related" list and may lead one to believe that they didn't really purchase the full-version.
And the developers response that the licensing issue is fixed with 7.1.2 is not correct. I'll be forced to pay for it again if I want to use it.
Developer Response ,
I take every customer support request seriously, as I really care about helping each and every customer. It's my honor to help my customers. I'm one of the few developers that responds to support requests. So within days of Josh's initial email, I took prompt action and updated the app for Josh to fix the licensing issue. After that, Josh still said that he was having trouble, and so I offered to diagnose the problem further. It's most likely a simple issue, such as Josh mistakenly confusing Contacts Sync with one of my related apps. Josh has not responded to my offer for additional help.
This app corrects a macOS bug!
At some point in the past year my Google contacts would no longer appear on eithe of my two Macs. I was keeping all of my contacts only in Google so this presented a problem with Messages and other Contacts dependant apps. I decided to try this app and now all of my Google contacts and groups are successfully syncing with my iCloud contacts. I did remove the Google Contacts connection from my settings to avoid duplicates.
Keep in mind, to sync more than 40 contacts you’ll need to upgrade for $5. Well worth it in my opinion.
- Playa Apps
- 4.6 MB
macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2020 - Playa Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Sync Unlimited Contacts $5.99
- Make Larger Contribution $5.99
- Make Contribution $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.