The e-Edition keeps the East Bay Times at your fingertips, with every article and picture intact - even the funnies. And our iOS Device version delivers all the content with a faster, simpler interface:
* World-class national and global news, plus in-depth local coverage from the East Bay Times newsroom.
* Entertainment with the latest on movies, music, dining and other great stuff to see and do.
* On-the-money Business news, an all-star Sports section and much more.
* Razor-sharp views of every word, photo and image exactly as it appears in print.
* Streamlined navigation for readers on the go: Flip pages, zoom on articles, rotate to landscape mode.
* Tap any article with two fingers to convert to full-screen text.
* Includes archive access to every issue published in the past 30 days.
If you like our app, please remember to leave a five-star rating in iTunes.
- Increased app startup speed
- Captions of images are displayed correctly again
- Remembers your login during a screen rotate.
- On Tablets enabled two-finger tap in portrait mode.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
East Bay Times App
The new app was very frustrating to start, but I cautiously believe it has turned the corner. The first two weeks were horrendous on my iPad. Touching a story to select it rarely worked; either nothing would happen, or a different story or ad would highlight. That seemed to largely disappear last week. A continuing problem, however, is the replacement of “fire” with “f.e” and similar (five, final etc.).
I think the spacing continuity is better in the new app. The old tended to split words with spaces for no apparent reason.
So - looking better. (And I very much like the paper, as separate from the app.)
Love the news, hate the app.
I really enjoy reading the newspaper on my iPad however when they updated this app it made it very difficult to use. It’s hard to get the right view of the article, it’s hard to switch articles, it’s hard to get the text large enough to read.
App has problems
I used to love reading the daily news on my IPad, but am disappointed in the new app. It is now more difficult to enlarge the print, and I am often unable to simply advance to the next page. It freezes on a page and the page advance > doesn’t work; I am also unable to simply swipe forward. I can only swipe back. The section advance does usually work so when it freezes on a page, I use the section advance and then swipe back to what I want to read. It’s a pain in the neck. Needless to say, I really look forward to my Sunday EBT real deal newspaper!
- Media News Group
- 94.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 MediaNews Group, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.