The easiest, most accurate way to time your contractions!
Now timing and tracking contractions is as easy as tapping a button. Tap once at the start of the contraction and tap again at the end. Contraction Master automatically keeps track of the start time, duration, and frequency of each contraction. At any time, you can switch to the History screen to see a log of all contractions that have been timed. When contractions are close enough together and long enough Contraction Master can automatically alert you that it's time to go to the hospital and even display a button you can tap to call your Ob/Gyn! If you want to share your contraction history with your doctor or nurse, Contraction Master makes that easy too! You can email or print* your contraction history at any time.
Don't risk showing up to the hospital too early or too late. Join the tens of thousands of people who've used Contraction Master to time their contractions by getting the app today.
• Updated for iOS 10!
• Completely redesigned interface to make it even easier to use.
• Nice, large start/stop button on the main screen.
• Displays the duration for the currently active timing.
• Displays the averages for the last hour of contractions.
• Displays a chart of the last hour's contractions.
• Record strength of each contraction.
• Alert pops up when contractions are close enough and long enough.
• Call Doctor button displayed in Alert (if user provides doctor's phone number in Settings).
• Timer continues to function in background and while device is in sleep mode.
• View listing of all contraction records.
• Edit any single contraction record's start time, duration, and strength.
• Add notes to any single contraction.
• Delete any single record or all records at once.
• Email or print all contraction records to share with your doctor or nurse.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Added a switch in the Settings tab to enable the user to turn off the Hospital Alert that can pop up on the main screen. It will still be possible to view the Hospital Alert (if appropriate) by tapping the pink alert button on the main screen.
Ratings and Reviews
On the night I went into labor I was not about to start writing down start/end times and doing a bunch of math. Solution - check apps on iPhone to see if there is something to track contractions. Wellah - Contraction Master. This was so convenient and easy to use. I just leaned over and hit start when a contraction started and hit stop when it stopped. It did all the math for me, which lead me to calling my doctor and delivering a child within hours. Definitely recommend and will use for child #2 for sure.
Will probably check out Nursing Master too as I downloaded a different nursing tracking app and it is not very good.
Simple Interface + Valuable App
Intensity of contractions shown through sad face icons is 100% the wrong message to send to mothers during labor. Birth is natural, beautiful process and women shouldn’t be rating their experiences with various sad faces.
The app is simple, easy to use and attractive. Valuable to use during labor.
Elegant and useful
Recommended by our coach, this app is clean and worth the investment. Easy to use and no ads.
The developer, Bill Snebold Design, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Bill Snebold Design, Inc.
- 15 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2009 Bill Snebold Design, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.