The Accela Contractor Central mobile app makes it easy for contractors and construction professionals to view and manage projects across multiple cities and counties in one central location. Once a project is ready, Contractor Central makes it simple for you to request, schedule and track inspections as well as communicate with inspectors and other contractors directly from the app. No more logging in and out of multiple accounts, no more struggles with IVR systems and no more waiting in line. You can be nimbler and more efficient when you have a tool in the field to access information whenever you need it.
The Contractor Central app is available for use by contractors working with Accela Permitting-powered agencies. Contractor Central integrates with the back end of Accela Permitting to make scheduling easy both for agency staff and the professionals they serve.
• Manage projects with multiple agencies from one app to save time and hassle
• Use single sign-on for multiple agencies to view all projects in-app
• See inspection results at a glance to help manage multiple projects
• Stay on top of projects for better schedule coordination
• Remain in the field instead of behind a desk with mobile inspections scheduling
• Get driving directions to projects right in the app
• Introducing a New UI that groups completed and upcoming inspections making it easy to browse and find the inspection you need
• Improved navigation for the project details page that allows to swipe between the various sections of the project
• The inspections history for permits now features an at-a-glance view of completed, scheduled and upcoming inspections. You can tap on each group to get additional details about each inspection.
Ratings and Reviews
No municipality synchronization
Even after “connecting” to various Accela municipality instances via this app, there is zero functionality to search for permits and/or inspections, let alone schedule an inspection. Fail.
Time SAVER. SERIOUSLY
It’s perfect if your like myself constantly having to schedule and check inspection results on a daily basis everyday. It beats the time consuming sign in process through the web. I’ll use the desktop site when needed to check actual permit info. But Absolutely APPRECIATE this app for how much faster I’m able to sign in and schedule or check results of my inspections. 1 major downfall is I’m not able to use another county that should work with app but thankful it at least works for the county that I do the bulk of building my houses. Its definitely worth downloading and checking if it’ll work in your city/county’s building departments.
*Developer, if you’re reading this please continue working out the kinks. You’re definitely onto something if you can get all participating ACCELA customers to work for all the counties. You could easily charge small one time fee to contractors. Guarantee they’d pay because there’s nothing worst than taking a full miniute or two to sign in to only get kicked/logged out after going to another app on phone. Also could you fix or let me know why the Lee County FL area permits won’t come up. Much appreciated
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.