COOK ISLANDS’ BEST is the ideal digital travel guide to this Pacific paradise. Written by a pro-author, it explores key ISLANDS; suggests ITINERARIES; details dozens of SIGHTS and ACTIVITIES; and suggests many great spots to EAT. All content (100+ points-of-interest/200+ pics) is original.
*** This app is ad-free and subscription-free: the single-one-off purchase also includes free updates in the future. Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: Travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
COOK ISLANDS’ BEST starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information – including tips on ACCOMMODATION, FESTIVALS and TRANSPORT.
The following ISLANDS section then provides orientation to all the key islands – particularly RAROTONGA and AITUTAKI.
Next, a hand-crafted ITINERARIES & TOURS section suggests a couple of easy-to-follow routes for first-timers to explore the main islands on BICYCLES or SCOOTERS. There’s also an extensive selection of companies who organise the full variety of TOURS on sea or land.
Or, if you have more specific interests, you might dive straight into INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES, the next section of the app. This provides the heads-up on various topics: travelling with KIDS; looking for ART; exploring island HISTORY and CULTURE, including the lowdown on exploring local MARKETS and attending upbeat local church services. Other topics include thorough rundown of the many OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES and a section on WEDDINGS.
Finally, the app gathers together a reliable selection of RESTAURANTS, CAFES and BARS along with a little on SHOPPING to help with souvenir hunting.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Money & Costs
• Health & Safety
• Info, Media & Communications
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
Meet the Key destinations:
• Other Islands
ITINERARIES & TOURS
Easy-to-follow itineraries & the full heads-up on tours:
• Aitutaki Tours
• Rarotonga Tours
• Aitutaki In-A-Day
• Rarotonga In-A-Day
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Kids & Families
• Outdoor Activities
• Weddings & Honeymoons
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS
Where best to eat, drink, shop & more:
• Bars, Pubs & Nightlife
• Cafes & Takeaways
APP FEATURES: TECHNICAL
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's many image buttons; a global search; and internal hyperlinks.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed OFFLINE MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR: A born and bred Kiwi, Craig McLachlan has been writing guidebooks since the late 1990s for Lonely Planet (over 50 editions), including multiple editions of ‘South Pacific’. An ‘island guy’, he specifically loves Polynesia. He lives in NZ, at the southern end of the Polynesian triangle, has an MBA from the University of Hawai’i at its northern end, and has travelled extensively throughout the Pacific.
• ICON: Mitchell Hall@flickr
REVIEWS & RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
Upgraded to OFFLINE MAPS. Minor content update regarding hours and closures. Also repaired around 20 broken links to external websites.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wu Wei Ltd
- 43.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Craig McLachlan
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.