Get recipe organised! Save recipes from your favourite websites and magazines. Scan recipes from books and magazines. Access recipes from your mobile, tablet and desktop devices. Always available offline. Plan meals and create shopping lists. Cook with intuitive displays, timers and much, much more! CookBook is the best Kitchen tool around and the only recipe app with real-time OCR.
• Import – save recipes from websites, enter from books or use your culinary expertise and update on the fly with new ingredients, steps and pictures as you cook.
• Offline recipes – All recipe data and images are saved locally for offline usage.
• Cloud Storage (FREE!) - Automatically synchronises and stores your recipe information with our CookBook cloud to enable access from the mobile applications and our FREE website.
• Convert - Seamlessly convert ingredients from your entered and imported recipes to your preferred US, Imperial and Metric measures.
• Meal Plan & Shopping – plan your weekly meals with the required servings and create interactive shopping lists from your plan to take shopping or to export and use later.
• Cooking Mode – Intuitive cooking with text reading, ingredient toggles and multiple timers!
• Search – find by ingredient, tag your meals with categories or make them a favourite to quickly find and access the meal you are looking for.
• Share – send recipes via AirDrop in the CookBook format, PDF, email, HTML or YAML format
• Timers – Automatic detection of timers from text
• Scan (OCR) – save recipes directly from your camera, straight into CookBook (note: this is now free to use!)
• Multi-platform – Access recipe data on our website (FREE!) or from other popular mobile platforms.
• Select between 2 beautiful sleek CookBook designs.
• Quickly scale recipe ingredients to your desired number of servings.
• Search for recipes using the leftovers in your fridge
• Create recipe timers automatically from detected instructions or enter them manually to alert you when you are needed in the kitchen.
• Run concurrent timers across the recipes you are currently cooking to multitask.
• Use our default or create new categories to help you keep your recipes organised.
• Add an overall photo and individual photos to each recipe step to create easy visual directions.
• Recipes available offline to allow you access when you have no internet connection.
• ‘Surprise me’ feature for those times when you just can’t decide what to eat!
• All this and more, accessible on our website or through our dedicated mobile applications, synchronised across your devices, on or offline, with one account and no annoying adverts.
Our developers are continually working to perfect CookBook and therefore we want to hear from you, what you think and what you’d like CookBook to do next! Use the ‘Contact Us’ page to get in touch and one of our team will get straight back to you.
Your recipes, your kitchen, your CookBook.
**Cursor Issues? Upgrade to iOS 13.2 or above to fix!!**
Fix occasional / random boot issues
Fix issues with OCR and text parser
Fix support for other language/unicode characters
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love most of it so far
I just got this and am still working on how I want to use it. So far I love that I can snap pictures to import recipes and not have to type it all. It’s easy to add pictures of the dishes and steps. I can make up my own tags so I can organize things in my own way. I can add notes. There’s a way to back up what I’ve entered. I can share it on my devices. And I love that there’s no subscription fee which really turned me off of other app choices. Things I’m still trying to work out is editing the data after an import can be cumbersome. Sometimes it adds funky characters that I cannot get rid of no matter what I try, including deleting and adding manually. And I wish I could print an index card format vs a full page pdf. I’m also leery about having a full database of recipes on my phone. I don’t want to buy more phone memory just for recipes! But I have yet to see if that’s really going to be a problem or not. Overall I’m really pleased.
Best recipe manager I have seen
I had a different recipe manager for probably 10 years. I was happy with it as it met the need. Over the years I had accumulated over 500 recipes. A few months ago I decided to pay for the cloud service that allowed me to access recipes on other devices. Imagine my chagrin when the syncing stopped after the last IOS update. When I looked back at the app version info I was stunned to see that the last update was 2 years ago. Now there is no way to contact the developer or customer support as the website won’t come up.” And it’s still available for downloading in the App Store. Stupid me for paying for the cloud service subscription through 2020 (seems like fraud to me) Anyway, found the Cook Book app and I love it. I have transferred all my recipes and love the automatic syncing from my IPad to IPhone. And I love the features. If you’re looking for a great recipe manager, this is the one to get!!
Developer Response ,
So pleased you chose to transfer over to us dmovius! Thanks so much for your review and happy cooking :)
Love this app!
I used a different app for years and was ok with it until they went to a yearly subscription. That’s a HUGE turn off for me. I found this one and have really enjoyed it since. The import process was so simple and fast. I love that I can just take a picture of a recipe, edit very little and it’s ready to go instead of typing out the entire recipe. Customizing the tags is also nice to have and easy to do. I have recently started using the meal planner function, which I have to say is WAY better than the last app I used so I never used it before now. It pops up a button on the bottom of the home page that says “dinner” and it takes you straight to the recipe for the day. Genius! The developers are responsive and open to feedback and suggestions for future updates, which is appreciated. I highly recommend this app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.