Get recipe organised! CookBook is your very own personal, portable recipe manager. Tried, tested and loved by over 30,000 home cooks, CookBook is made for you!
Import, scan and save recipes from your favourite websites, books and magazines. Snap a photo and save it, create a recipe from scratch or use our awesome recipe scanner tool (OCR) to turn photos into recipes!
Plan your daily, weekly & monthly meals, create and use interactive shopping lists, cook with text to speech, scale serving sizes, ingredient conversion, timers, temperature conversion, share your recipes with your friends and SO MUCH MORE!
This is all accessible on your mobile, tablet and desktop, synchronised across your devices with just one account & subscription.
Your recipes, your kitchen, your CookBook.
• Import – Save recipes from websites, enter from books or use your culinary expertise and update on the fly with new ingredients, steps and pictures as you cook.
• Recipe Scanner (OCR) – Save recipes directly from your camera, straight into CookBook
• Meal Planner – Plan your daily, weekly & monthly meals whilst adjusting servings, your planner changes with you, move, swap and copy days/weeks to make planning easy.
• Shopping List – Create an interactive shopping list from your planned meals to take shopping or to export and use later. Don’t forget to add those all-important ‘extra items’ like toilet paper!
• Search & Filters – Search by recipe name, source or even with the leftovers in your fridge, exclude and include ingredients to narrow down your search and get help with what to cook next!
• Tags & Faves – Organise your recipes to suit you, tag your meals with your own categories or tap the heart to make them a favourite.
• Share & Print – Share and send recipes via AirDrop in the CookBook format, PDF, email, HTML or YAML
• Safari Extension – Send recipes straight to your CookBook when browsing online
• Timers – Automatic detection of timers from text, run multiple timers within CookBook
• Scale – Quickly scale recipe ingredients to your desired number of servings.
• Convert - Convert ingredient measurements between US, Imperial and Metric.
• Cooking Mode – Intuitive cooking with text reading, ingredient toggles and multiple timers
• Offline Access – All recipes & images are stored locally for those times when you have no internet
• Cloud Storage & Sync – Recipes are synced and stored in our cloud, to seamlessly sync between your devices.
• Light and Dark Mode - Select between 2 beautiful sleek CookBook designs.
• Multiple Photos – Add a main photo + more to each recipe step to create visual directions.
• Surprise me - Feature for those times when you just can’t decide what to eat!
We are continually working to perfect CookBook and therefore we want to hear from you, what you think and what you’d like CookBook to do next! Use the ‘Contact Us’ page to get in touch and one of our team will get straight back to you.
We can’t wait to see you in the kitchen.
The CookBook Team
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
CookBook is free to download. Storing more than 40 recipes requires an active subscription (monthly/yearly) or lifetime unlock purchase. Monthly subscriptions are billed per month. Yearly subscriptions are billed the total annual fee from the date of purchase.
Payment will be charged to your card through your App Store account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
Bug fixes & enhancements
- Fix invalid subscription popup
- Fix missing dots from calendar
- Safari Extension prompts when image has not loaded
- Text to Speech defaults to device language
- Fix loading flicker
- iPad Pro support
Welcome to CookBook 2.0! We've been working on some epic new features, fixed up a few bugs and have moved over to subscriptions!
CookBook is now free to try up to 40 recipes and 5 OCR scans, so new users can try before you buy. All of our existing CookBookers get a free year, to keep using and loving CookBook :)
- Safari & browser extensions - import straight into CookBook from your browser
- Meal Planner - New design + daily, weekly and monthly views. copy and move meals from one day/week/month to another.
- Smart ingredient rounding - stop those odd confusing decimal amounts when scaling and converting
- Access your favourite recipes from the home page
And so many more little tweaks and changes based on feedback from our 1000's of users!!
We've got even more planned for CookBook within the next year including bulk importing and our brand new web app available to use as part of your subscription!
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app!
I’ve been using it for a couple of years or so, and love it. The ONLY complaint I had at first was the lack of a way to export recipes, but they added that! I used to just collect recipe bookmarks in my browser, but then started to have some go away... then came printouts and binders. Finding things was a nightmare. So I tried a couple of apps for managing recipes (this and Paprika), and this one is just so much richer! Being able to snap a photo of a recipe from a magazine in a waiting room and have it use OCR to turn it into an entry is game-changing. Web site support seems vast - I rarely find ones that aren’t supported, and when I do, a couple of cuts and pastes do fine.
Tip: I tag newly-imported recipes with an “untested” tag, then after trying them once or twice (with mods I think might improve it the second time), either delete it (don’t like) or remove the untested tag. When I feel like something new, I just bring up the list of untested recipes and try one. Helps keep things from ballooning with things that just look good...
Glad it is a one-time purchase, but I’d be happy to pay for upgrades now and then for new features, or for new iOS support if it ever breaks (‘cause I’d hate to lose it).
Developer Response ,
Its so great to hear you're making the most of the OCR tool and importing all of your recipes! We are so happy you are finding all of CookBook's tools and features easy to use and get recipe organised! Thank you so much for your awesome 5 star review. We are currently in the works of planning our next big updates so watch this space :)
Love most of it so far
I just got this and am still working on how I want to use it. So far I love that I can snap pictures to import recipes and not have to type it all. It’s easy to add pictures of the dishes and steps. I can make up my own tags so I can organize things in my own way. I can add notes. There’s a way to back up what I’ve entered. I can share it on my devices. And I love that there’s no subscription fee which really turned me off of other app choices. Things I’m still trying to work out is editing the data after an import can be cumbersome. Sometimes it adds funky characters that I cannot get rid of no matter what I try, including deleting and adding manually. And I wish I could print an index card format vs a full page pdf. I’m also leery about having a full database of recipes on my phone. I don’t want to buy more phone memory just for recipes! But I have yet to see if that’s really going to be a problem or not. Overall I’m really pleased.
Best recipe manager I have seen
I had a different recipe manager for probably 10 years. I was happy with it as it met the need. Over the years I had accumulated over 500 recipes. A few months ago I decided to pay for the cloud service that allowed me to access recipes on other devices. Imagine my chagrin when the syncing stopped after the last IOS update. When I looked back at the app version info I was stunned to see that the last update was 2 years ago. Now there is no way to contact the developer or customer support as the website won’t come up.” And it’s still available for downloading in the App Store. Stupid me for paying for the cloud service subscription through 2020 (seems like fraud to me) Anyway, found the Cook Book app and I love it. I have transferred all my recipes and love the automatic syncing from my IPad to IPhone. And I love the features. If you’re looking for a great recipe manager, this is the one to get!!
Developer Response ,
So pleased you chose to transfer over to us dmovius! Thanks so much for your review and happy cooking :)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CookBook Co. Pty Ltd
- 90.1 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © CookBook Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Pro $1.49
- Yearly Pro $9.99
- Lifetime Pro $40.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.