Get recipe organised - CookBook is your own personal, portable recipe manager. Tried, tested & loved by thousands of home cooks, it’s made for you!
Import, scan & save recipes from your favourite websites, books & magazines. Snap a photo & save it, create a recipe from scratch, or use our genius OCR recipe scanner to turn photos into recipes!
Plan your daily, weekly & monthly meals, create and use interactive shopping lists, cook with text to speech, scale serving sizes, convert ingredients, use timers, convert temperatures, share your recipes with friends, the options are endless!
Access your CookBook on all your devices under one plan. CookBook syncs across your MOBILES, TABLETS AND THE COOKBOOK WEB APP!!
CookBook is FREE TO TRY up to 40 recipes and 5 OCR scans, so you can try before you buy!
IMPORT & CREATE RECIPES
Save recipes from 1000’s of websites or use your culinary skills & create new recipes. Duplicate, copy & paste, add tags, photos, notes – make it yours!
RECIPE SCANNER (OCR)
Scan & convert recipes from magazines, cookbooks & handwritten family secrets straight into CB, quickly converting photos to text!
Plan your daily, weekly & monthly meals whilst adjusting servings. Your planner changes with you. Move, swap and copy days/weeks to make planning easy.
Create an interactive shopping list from your planned meals to take shopping or to export & use later. Don’t forget to add ‘extra items’ like toilet paper!
ONE PLAN, ALL DEVICES
Your CB plan includes access to ALL your devices. Mobiles, tablets & the CookBook Web App on your PC/Laptop. Don’t pay for each device!
SEARCH & FILTER
Search by name, source or with the leftovers in your fridge, exclude & include ingredients to narrow down your search & get ideas on what to cook!
TAGS, RATINGS & FAVES
Organise your recipes to suit you, tag, rate & categorise your meals, tap the heart to make them a fave.
SHARE & PRINT
Send recipes in a CB file, PDF, email, text & more. Export your own recipes to PDF to make a physical copy of your personal CookBook.
SAFARI & BROWSER EXTENSIONS
Send recipes straight to CB when browsing online
• Timers – Detect & run multiple timers
• Scale – Quickly scale recipe ingredients to your desired number of servings
• Convert – Convert measurements between US, Imperial & Metric
• Progress Tracking – Strike off ingredients & steps whilst cooking
• Cooking Mode – Intuitive cooking, adjustable font size & text reading
• Surprise Me – Useful tool for when you can’t decide what to eat!
• Wake Lock – Automatic screen lock disabled when viewing a recipe & cooking
• Multiple Photos – Add photos to each recipe step to create visual directions
• Offline Access – All recipes & images are stored locally for offline use
• Cloud Storage & Sync – All synced & stored in our cloud to sync quickly between your devices.
• PLUS - smart rounding, light & dark mode, video links, duplicates checker & cook count
If you have any questions, suggestions, feedback, or issues we’d love to hear from you, email us email@example.com
PRICING & TERMS
CookBook is free to download. Storing over 40 recipes requires an active subscription (monthly/yearly) or lifetime unlock purchase. Monthly subscriptions are billed per month. Yearly subscriptions are billed the total annual fee from the date of purchase.
Payment will be charged to your card through your App Store account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.
* OCR workflow redesign, saving OCR scans and improved fraction support
* Add star ratings to your recipes
* New PDF layouts, index cards, meal planner & shopping list print out
* Add custom serving sizes such as 2 jars
* Additional editable timer for cool, rest, chill times
* Cook times have been upped to 99 hrs 59 mins
* New ‘Last Cooked’ & ‘Cook Count’ fields – tap to update the date & the count will go up
* Duplicates checker
* Add additional pictures to your recipe without assigning them to a step
* Pairing notes field
* Shopping list design tweak for easier viewing + beta trial for smart ingredient merging
* Many more tweaks and changes based on feedback from you
Bug fixes & enhancements:
- General speed and reliability enhancements
- Improved searching based on relevancy score
- More menu button added
- New alarm sound
- New web parser & support improvements
- New back-end servers, services and functionality
- Heaps of bug fixes such as PDF method headers displaying, seconds are now recognised within the method as a timer, etc.
- Other UI/UX design tweaks
Ratings and Reviews
Game Changing App
I don’t often leave reviews, but this app has been a complete game changer for my meal prep. Before installing this app, I would bookmark all the recipes I found online and tried my best to organize them in folders. But digging through a list of titles meant I often skimmed past recipes I loved or struggled to find the recipe I was looking for.
This app has completely changed how I approach cooking/meal prep and even lets me share my favorite recipes with friends! I can now quickly import recipes from the internet or recipes scribbled down by my in-laws directly to my cookbook. It’s easy to find what I’m looking for thanks to all the pictures and custom tags (they start you off with some basic ones which was super helpful). And thanks to the shopping list feature I can now quickly plan out my meals for the week and get an organized shopping list that combines the same ingredients across recipes - no more writing everything down on a sticky note and crossing out numbers as multiple recipes start calling for limes. To top it all off, I can even share my recipes/notes with friends whether they have the app or not. But to be honest, now recommending this app to everyone, I absolutely love it.
If you like to cook, and have a ton of recipes to store/organize, this is the app for you!
Does exactly what I wanted!
This app is amazing. It’s a website and phone app that allows you to curate your own recipe book with online recipes. You can take any online recipe link (even the ones that are pay-walled like non appetit) and it scrapes the recipe ingredients and instructions. It puts them in an easy to read format, allows you to scale the recipe for smaller or larger quantities, and allows you to tag the recipe with your own custom tags. You can then search and sort by the tags to make finding the recipes easy. Even more, it lets you add recipes to a meal plan and then use those recipes to generate a shopping list. That feature feels like it’s still a bit in development but it does work.
I am at 39 of the 40 free recipes you get and once I fill it, I’ll definitely be buying a lifetime subscription.
To the developers: please add a place to add additional links to the recipes. Not just source and video links. Also, make the ingredients list more usable by making it editable over time and not fully refreshed when you add a recipe. It’s common that we add recipes throughout the week and don’t want to lose the edits like what I’ve crossed out cause I already have those things in my kitchen.
Absolutely the best!
So first, I hardly ever write reviews but I wanted to share my experience. I’ve tried so many apps before I finally found this one and have never looked back! I constantly take recipes from the internet and this app makes the import process so easy, it even converts the measurements if you need it too. The editing process is straight forward and it even scrapes the picture from where you imported or it lets you add your own. I’ve put all my family recipes into this for safe keeping as well and made notes as I tweak my recipes. They also make it so easy to use while cooking letting you cross our steps and ingredients as you progress to keep you on track. I personally like to use my iPad while cooking but do my internet surfing for recipes with my phone so having the sync across devices is essential and works great. I’ve never had any problems with the app and look forward to the updates they are bringing in the future. Also the owners of the app are responsive and care about your opinion, not something you always see. Highly recommend :)
Developer Response ,
Wow what an awesome review! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review on CookBook, it means the world to us. We are so happy you've found it easy to import all of your recipes, cook and share them across your devices! Thank you Diana :) happy cooking!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CookBook Co. Pty Ltd
- 81.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © CookBook Co. Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Pro $9.99
- Monthly Pro $1.49
- Lifetime Pro $40.99