Protect your online Privacy
Theres nothing else quite like Cookie. Designed to run invisibly in the background - you can rest easy knowing that advertisers and marketers aren't tracking your every click.
You may not know this, but the website's you visit can store cookies in your browser without your knowledge or consent. Some are helpful, but others are frustrating and invasive. Cookie can help by inhibiting third parties from tracking and profiling you.
Cookie is the ONLY cookie manager which gives you COMPLETE control over YOUR online privacy. Others try, but nothing comes close Cookie's deeply customizable privacy settings.
YOU decide which cookie's you want to keep, and exactly what you don't want - Cookie will clear the rest.
- Consolidate all your browser privacy settings.
- Simplified View that takes care of all the technical details for you.
- Advanced View which puts you in total control of all your privacy settings.
- Combined cookie view displaying all cookie/flash/localStorage data in one easy to manage view.
- Cookie's can be favorited on a per domain, or per cookie basis. You decide.
- Individual Browser settings. It is possible to configure different automatic removal options for each browser. In the case of Chrome/Chrome Dev/Chromium/Canary/Brave/Brave Beta/Vivaldi/Edge you can even configure settings per user!
- A number of removal schedules are possible: When quitting Cookie, when a Browser is Quit, on computer login, On computer waking from sleep, on a customizable time schedule, or entirely manually.
- Hotkey support, so you can remove all unwanted data quickly and easily.
- Customizable tracking cookie definitions.
- Whitelist individual tracking cookies.
- Clean, modern and Intuitive User Interface.
- Helpful setup window.
- Browser extension protection.
- Full Screen support.
- iCloud support.
- Dark/Regular theme.
Cookie supports all the popular browsers:
Safari, Safari Technology Preview, Chrome, Chrome Dev, Chrome Canary, Firefox, Firefox Nightly, Firefox Developer Edition, Chromium, Opera, Opera Beta, Brave, Brave Beta, Edge and Vivaldi
What are you waiting for, don't let your browsing habits be bought and sold as a commodity. Get Cookie!
fix for tracking cookies menu item being available when no tracking cookies are preset
Ratings and Reviews
This is definitely worth upgrading from Cookie 5. The changes are subtle but significant. In totality, removal of what you want works better. One really nice thing is that you can control what parts of your disk you allow the application to access, which is a big win for the security minded.
As for the app itself, it gives you flexibility in what you can do. Best I've seen. I'd give it 5 stars if there weren't that 1 feature I want.. :-)
I've used the predecessor Cookie5 for some time, and moved over to the latest Cookie6. Automatic migration of my settings and favorites was perfect the first time carefully following the prompts to grant macOS privacy permissions. I couldn't have asked for a smoother transition.
Cookie has replaced the myriad of different cookie cleaners I used in each browser and provides me a single interface to maintain the privacy I desire on the web. For newbie's to the app, use the default setup and as you gain confidence, it's easy to switch to the more advanced interface -- e.g. After the first few hours with the app, I now keep only data for a few websites I trust, and then specifically userid/password cookies from other forums I frequent that are generally plagued with trackers and the like -- Cookie automatically deletes everything else each and every time I exit the browser without my having any further concern -- a perfect scenario for my needs.
I've only reached-out for support a couple times over the years, and each time, the reply is fast and efficient to get me beyond the issue or quesiton I had.
I don't sing high praises for apps very often, but Cookie deserves it, along with 5-starts and superstar status.
Working Great Since 2012
Long time user of Cookie here. Works great for power users. Needs some work to help those new to the Mac ecosystem.
Developer updates the app frequently
Supports Safari, Chrome, Vivaldi, Brave, Firefox
Removes cookies on a timer, with some predicate options
Optionally removes other browser data, such as: history records, caches, form values
- Possibly difficult to configure for new Mac users. This is still somewhat of a poweruser tool, so it takes some prior knowledge about what to purge from your browser and when. You would also need to understand how the Mac security settings are configured to allow the app to access the areas it needs to. The app does have a setup tool (Preferences > Advanced > Open Setup Window. Perhaps this should be easier to find and named something else. In my opinion the setup window is not an advanced feature, it's really a helper wizard to get started with the configuration. It seems the setup window should at least be accessible by a button when in the simple view mode.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SweetP Productions, Inc.
- 3.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2022 SweetP Productions, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.