The famous Cook's Convertor is the most important kitchen convertor and timer App that any cooking enthusiast needs!
Renewed for 2018 the convertor now works on iPads and screens of any size, giving two side by side convertors of your choice. It will also work with Apple slide-over multitasking so you can display webpages or your favourite recipes side by side.
Fast and easy to use, the convertor does just what it says, does it simply, and does it well. No bloatware.
1) Converts common volume, weight, temperature and length measures
2) Shows three separate conversion results (for example; Fluid Ounces, Cups and Pints) at the same time
3) Handles UK (Imperial) and US Volume measurements
4) Easy and very fast to use with just a couple of touches to select conversions and measures
5) Bright, clear, high-contrast layout that is easy to read, with everything in one place
6) Includes length for good measure....pun not intended..;)
7) A new Volume to Weight feature contains independently verified conversions for over 120 common ingredients so you can directly weigh your ingredients.
8) U.K. to U.S. Volume conversions - for those annoying intercontinental recipes!
9) Math functions so you can now add quantities together (in different units!), subtract, multiply and divide. Just what you need to scale up a recipe!
10) Ability to use common fractional quantities; 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4, 1/3 and 2/3.
11) Standing time data for common roast meats.
12) Substitution table containing 50 alternative ingredient combinations for commonly used items which you may have run out of at a critical moment!
13) The ability to convert units in-line after math functions have been used, making it easier to chain operations together.
14) Dual convertor layout for iPads
15) Multi-app support so Cook's Convertor can share the screen with other apps.
16) New colour schemes for the flat era.
17) Kitchen timers with 3 simultaneous timers to coordinate your cooking endeavours! Designed for real life by real cooks; the timers keep counting when they reach zero so you can see how much extra time something has been cooking for. Invaluable! (Timers require iOS 10 because Apple's notification feature requires iOS 10)
Extra help can be found at the support link:
If you like Cook's Convertor then please give it a rating and if anyone has suggestions for other features or substitutions then please get in touch by email. Many thanks!
1) Added some common Gluten Free flour blends to the Volume-to-weight table. Thanks to Kathleen for the request.
2) Fixed issue with keyboard graphics when resizing on iPads
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app easi to use and accessible with VoiceOver!!!
Thank you Mr. Simons for creating this wonderful app. I'm totally blind and love to cook, your app helps me to convert between U.S. and metric measurements. Thank you for making this app accessible with VoiceOver!!!! Your love is proud of you I'm sure, as well as your friend.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. If you ever have any problems with new versions of the app or using VoiceOver with it in the future please contact me and I will do all I can to help. Happy Cooking!
I love this app so much that I bought one for my iPad. It's fun and easy to use. Substitution list is great as are the other features like standing time... Does so much more than just convert units.
Very useful. Uncluttered. Love easy to use, problem solving apps. This is a good one.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the review. If you ever have any problems with new versions of the app in the future please contact me and I will do all I can to help. Happy Cooking!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.