Copy 'Em is a powerful clipboard manager for turbocharging your daily workflow. It records your clipboard history of copied text, images, links, files, and screenshots, etc., and lets you recall/paste them anytime, right at your fingertips. Use it to copy and paste items in batches (so minimizing switching between apps), capture screenshots and collect research data, store favorite items permanently, paste frequent snippets via keyboard shortcuts, drag and drop images as file attachments, strip text formats or transform text, organize items into lists, sort and label them, look them up by keywords/types, preview and edit their text, and sync them between Macs, iPhones, and iPads. All done with speed and reliability. It is a valuable time-saver that is both rich in features and easy to use!
- Automatically remembers the things copied by regular copy/cut commands
- Accepts text, images, links, HTML, code, PDFs, files, and clippings of proprietary formats
- Can store unlimited number of items
- Export all or selected items to disk, and import them back on any Mac; e.g., use them as backups or share them
- Automatically sync your data and preferences through your own iCloud account
- Can quickly copy and send files/folders to synced devices
- Can copy items directly into favorite lists via global shortcuts
- Click the app's menubar icon or press Command-Shift-V (customizable) to open the app window
- Can paste items via drag-and-drop into target applications
- Can be configured to paste into VNC, NoMachine, Parallels, etc.
- Can paste multiple snippets together, across multiple lines, form fields, or spreadsheet cells
- Can paste items with local shortcuts ('0' to '9' and 'a' to 'z')
- Can paste items with unlimited number of global shortcuts
- Plain-text mode option to paste any rich text as plain text
- Hold Option key to switch between pasting text as plain text or rich text (i.e., temporarily do the opposite of plain-text mode)
- Text transformation options (capitalization, line-unwrapping, stripping whitespace, adding prefixes/suffixes, etc.)
- Option to paste URLs and other text with titles
- Option to paste text items as files
- Can paste images as files of original or different image formats
- Can enable/disable paste transformations with global shortcuts
- Press Space or Left-Arrow key to preview items in a large, resizable popover window
- Unlimited number of lists for you to organize your favorite items
- Auto-star mode where newly arrived items are automatically put into the current starred list
- Can open specific lists via keyboard shortcuts
- Use swiping or Command-[ and Command-] shortcuts to navigate backward and forward between lists
- Sort items by drag-and-drop, creation dates, most-recently-used dates, and paste frequency, etc.
- Each list can be sorted in its own sort order
- Find items by search, content-type filtering, and application-name filtering
- Fast searching, with search-as-you-type, and options to auto-focus and auto-clear the search field
- Can edit text items
- Can assign names to items or edit them
- Open app window next to current mouse location (in order to minimize mouse movement)
- Option to keep the window open after each paste operation; by default, the window automatically closes after use
- Capture screenshots (full screen, windows, selected areas, etc.)
- Blacklist applications, so clippings from them won't be saved
- Stop (or resume) recording new clippings
- Can delete selected items, selected sets, or entire lists
- Can lock starred items from accidental deletion
- Change the theme, with option to show text items in original colors or grayscale
- Automatically switch theme according to the OS theme setting
- Option to play sounds when copying and/or pasting
This Mac app can sync with Copy 'Em for iPhone and iPad, which is sold separately on the App Store.
Questions or suggestions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Fixed an issue where a system audio bug could cause the app to freeze
Ratings and Reviews
Better and Better, Used over a year now.
I’ve enjoyed almost daily , often many times a day, Copy’em and the Copy’em Helper apps over a year now. It’s hard to even think of doing without Copy’em for many and multiple copying text and pictures and links and screen shots and shots of sub-areas on the screen; able to quickly search for copies made months ago, or minutes or hours or days ago, a paste several ways as needed or desired. Copy’em makes so many aspects easy and so quick to do, that otherwise would consume so much more time and effort trying to figure out how to accomplish the tasks. Works when I switch to a different browser or even for me when using a different laptop at home or at work. Great Menu Options also, to see and change preferences and to search within Copy’em how to edit, change, or move one or multiple items in one or many folders to group items together according to source, subject, time, or whatever parameters are useful. Powerful app, I’m still a novice with so much more to learn of its capabilities on and off line, in the cloud, and having fun doing it!
Amazingly complete. And there’s a free companion app!
You’ll find this same basic review for the FREE Paste Queue app that is a standalone companion app for Copy’Em Paste. Paste Queue is a great addition and natural companion to the best copy/paste paid app out there: Copy’Em Paste.
I looked forever (2018) for a decent copy and paste utility that was powerful enough for daily work (spreadsheets, word processing, browsing) AND didn’t require a lot of back-and-forth in the interface. Almost all of the easiest to find copy-paste apps have terrible, time-consuming (if colorful) interfaces to actually DO things — like copy a bunch of items, then paste a bunch of items. The free companion app does the latter very well (serial copy/paste). But this paid app (Copy’Em Paste) is utterly awesome, and has all of the features that past mature but now discontinued apps used to have. Try something else, then compare it to this app — the difference is huge. Then get the free Paste Queue app and you’ll be set for excellent workflow.
(And no, I don’t know the developer or have any horse in this race, I’m just a user.) Thank you, How Chang.
Great app. Where have you been all my life?
With all the advancements and maturity of operating systems, it is baffling that clipboard history isn’t baked into the system already. I was frustrated with the standard copy paste switcheroo between apps and wondered if there was a clipboard history app. Lo and behold, it looks like I’m late to the party. Anyways, I’ve been using this for a few months now and it has really helped out my workflow. It is much easier to copy a bunch of things (in order) in one application and then switch to the other application and paste them into place in the order I want them, using hot key ctl + v. I have no complaints. It seems to work well, never crashes. I had used both plain text paste as well as formatted paste. Both work well and it is easy to switch. I have made lists to store often repeated text as well—very handy. It is easy to start up and use right away, and it probably has a lot more capability than I am looking for. But it might come in handy. Worth every penny. I’d buy it again.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hoi Chang
- 10.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Hoi Chang
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.