Copy 'Em (Clipboard Manager) 4+
Copy. Paste. Sync. With power.
Copy 'Em is a powerful clipboard manager for turbocharging your daily workflow. It records your clipboard history of copied text, images, links, files, color codes, and screenshots, etc., and lets you recall/paste them anytime, right at your fingertips. Use it to copy and paste items in batches (so minimizing switching between apps), capture screenshots and collect research data, store favorite items permanently, paste frequent snippets via keyboard shortcuts, drag and drop images as file attachments, strip text formats or transform text, organize items into lists, sort and label them, look them up by keywords/types, preview and edit their text, and sync them via iCloud. All done with speed and reliability. It is a valuable time-saver that is both rich in features and easy to use!
- Can record unlimited amount of text, images, links, HTML, code, PDFs, files, color codes, and other data
- Can capture screenshots of full screens, windows, selected areas, etc.
- Can sync data with other devices running Copy 'Em, through your iCloud account
- Can share items with apps that support sharing
- Can export items to disk, and import them back on any Mac; e.g., use them as backups
- Can paste data quickly by clicking them, or dragging and dropping them
- Can paste multiple snippets together, across multiple lines, form fields, or spreadsheet cells
- Can paste items with local shortcuts ('0' to '9' and 'a' to 'z')
- Can paste often-used items with global shortcuts
- Can paste rich text as plain text, or apply transformations such capitalization, line-unwrapping, stripping whitespace, adding prefixes/suffixes, etc.
- Can paste URLs (and other text) together with their titles
- Can paste text snippets as text files
- Can paste raw images as files of different formats (PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, etc.)
- Can be configured to paste into VNC, NoMachine, Parallels, and some other virtual machines
- Find items by search, content-type filtering, and application-name filtering
- Options to automatically clear the search field and put focus into it
- Can organize your items into unlimited number of lists
- Can open or copy items into specific lists via global shortcuts
- Auto-star option where newly arrived items are automatically put into the current favorite list
- Can sort each list by their creation or last-used dates, paste frequency, or manually, etc.
- Can navigate between lists quickly via Command+[ and Command+] shortcuts or swiping left/right
- Can expand the view of each copied item
- Can display thumbnail previews of image-associated links
- Color preview for color codes that have patterns like #rgb, #rrggbb, #rrggbbaa, rgb(…), rgba(…), etc.
- Can view details of copied items in another larger, resizable popover window
- Can edit text snippets, and assign titles to any items
- Can quickly open the app window by clicking the app's menubar icon, or pressing a custom global shortcut
- Option to open the window at a fixed location or next to the mouse cursor, etc.
- Can keep the window open after each paste operation (by default, the window automatically closes after use)
- Option to play sounds when copying and/or pasting items
- Can recognize and ignore the data copied from some apps
- Can stop or resume recording of new items at any time
- Can lock favorite (starred) items from accidental deletion
- Can delete selected items or entire lists
- Can recover mistakenly deleted items if they're deleted in the last 3 days (or within a custom duration)
- Theme options, and can switch theme based on the OS theme setting
This Mac app can sync with Copy 'Em for iPhone and iPad, which is sold separately on the App Store.
If you have questions or suggestions regarding Copy 'Em, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Moved the 'Share...' option below the paste options in the contextual menu
- Fixed an issue where the app window became inactive after taking area screenshots
Ratings and Reviews
The Clipboard Powerhouse for Mac!
Copy ‘Em is the best and most capable Clipboard App to store, access, and transform text and images on the Mac. It is packed with Powerful features like Batch Pasting and Automatic Paste Transformations. One of the best Transformations is “Add Title Before Text” which, when enabled, allows Pasting a Web Link together with its Title in a nicely formatted block! You can combine this feature with multiple selected Links (by enabling “Separate Multiple Items by” and inserting the desired number of Line Breaks) and instantly Paste them all with the preferred formatting into a list in any text document.
The Clipboard viewer window is designed to effectively display your clippings with only the most important information and allows for easily finding, viewing and organizing Items into custom Lists. The Expand item button provides for an extended in-line view and pressing the Spacebar invokes the Quick View feature which places your text and images on a larger canvas where you can even edit text in place. I would love to see the additional character and word count info displayed for text items in this View.
Copy 'Em is a foundational application that adds tremendous value to the Mac platform. And the developer keeps adding new features and continuously improving how the App works. Don't miss out on this Clipboard Powerhouse!
Better and Better, Used over a year now.
I’ve enjoyed almost daily , often many times a day, Copy’em and the Copy’em Helper apps over a year now. It’s hard to even think of doing without Copy’em for many and multiple copying text and pictures and links and screen shots and shots of sub-areas on the screen; able to quickly search for copies made months ago, or minutes or hours or days ago, a paste several ways as needed or desired. Copy’em makes so many aspects easy and so quick to do, that otherwise would consume so much more time and effort trying to figure out how to accomplish the tasks. Works when I switch to a different browser or even for me when using a different laptop at home or at work. Great Menu Options also, to see and change preferences and to search within Copy’em how to edit, change, or move one or multiple items in one or many folders to group items together according to source, subject, time, or whatever parameters are useful. Powerful app, I’m still a novice with so much more to learn of its capabilities on and off line, in the cloud, and having fun doing it!
Amazingly complete. And there’s a free companion app!
You’ll find this same basic review for the FREE Paste Queue app that is a standalone companion app for Copy’Em Paste. Paste Queue is a great addition and natural companion to the best copy/paste paid app out there: Copy’Em Paste.
I looked forever (2018) for a decent copy and paste utility that was powerful enough for daily work (spreadsheets, word processing, browsing) AND didn’t require a lot of back-and-forth in the interface. Almost all of the easiest to find copy-paste apps have terrible, time-consuming (if colorful) interfaces to actually DO things — like copy a bunch of items, then paste a bunch of items. The free companion app does the latter very well (serial copy/paste). But this paid app (Copy’Em Paste) is utterly awesome, and has all of the features that past mature but now discontinued apps used to have. Try something else, then compare it to this app — the difference is huge. Then get the free Paste Queue app and you’ll be set for excellent workflow.
(And no, I don’t know the developer or have any horse in this race, I’m just a user.) Thank you, How Chang.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hoi Chang
- 9.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2023 Hoi Chang
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.