Copy 'Em is a powerful clipboard manager for turbocharging your daily workflow. It records your clipboard history of copied text, images, links, files, color codes, and screenshots, etc., and lets you recall/paste them anytime, right at your fingertips. Use it to copy and paste items in batches (so minimizing switching between apps), capture screenshots and collect research data, store favorite items permanently, paste frequent snippets via keyboard shortcuts, drag and drop images as file attachments, strip text formats or transform text, organize items into lists, sort and label them, look them up by keywords/types, preview and edit their text, and sync them via iCloud. All done with speed and reliability. It is a valuable time-saver that is both rich in features and easy to use!
- Can record unlimited amount of text, images, links, HTML, code, PDFs, files, color codes, and other data
- Can capture screenshots of full screens, windows, selected areas, etc.
- Can sync data with other devices running Copy 'Em, through your iCloud account
- Can paste data quickly by clicking them, or by dragging and dropping them
- Can paste multiple snippets together, across multiple lines, form fields, or spreadsheet cells
- Can paste items with app-local, single-keystroke shortcuts ('0' to '9' and 'a' to 'z')
- Can paste often-used items with global keyboard shortcuts
- Can paste raw images as files in different formats (PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, etc.)
- Can paste rich text as plain text, or apply transformations such capitalization, line-unwrapping, stripping whitespace, adding prefixes/suffixes, etc.
- Can paste text (such as URLs) together with their titles
- Can paste text snippets as text files
- Can be configured to paste into VNC, NoMachine, Parallels, and some other virtual machines
- Can share items with sharing-enabled apps
- Can manually back up items by exporting them to disk, and later import them back
- Can search for items by string matching, content-type filtering, and application-name filtering
- Options to automatically clear the search field and put focus into it
- Can organize items into any number of lists
- Can copy items directly into specific lists (or open specific lists directly) via global keyboard shortcuts
- Auto-star option where newly arrived items are automatically put into the current favorite list
- Can sort each list by their creation or last-used dates, paste frequency, or manually, etc.
- Can navigate between lists quickly via Command+[ and Command+] shortcuts or by swiping left/right
- Can expand in place the view of each copied item
- Can display thumbnail previews of image-associated links
- Color preview for color codes that have patterns like #rgb, #rrggbb, #rrggbbaa, rgb(…), rgba(…), etc.
- Can view details of copied items in another larger, resizable popover window
- Can edit text snippets, and assign titles to any items
- Can quickly open the app window by clicking the app's menubar icon, or by pressing a custom keyboard shortcut
- Option to open the app window at a fixed location or next to the mouse cursor, etc.
- Can keep the window open after each paste operation (by default, the window automatically closes after use)
- Option to play sounds when copying and/or pasting items
- Can recognize and ignore the data copied from some apps
- Can stop or resume recording of new clipboard data at any time
- Can lock favorite (starred) items from accidental deletion
- Can delete any selected items or entire lists
- Can restore mistakenly deleted items if they're deleted in the last 3 days (or within a custom duration)
- Theme options, and can switch theme based on the OS theme setting
This Mac app can sync with Copy 'Em for iPhone and iPad, which is sold separately on the App Store.
If you have questions or suggestions regarding Copy 'Em, please email us at email@example.com.
- Fixed an issue where 6-digit color codes couldn’t be edited in place.
Ratings and Reviews
The Clipboard Powerhouse for Mac!
Copy ‘Em is the best and most capable Clipboard App to store, access, and transform text and images on the Mac. It is packed with Powerful features like Batch Pasting and Automatic Paste Transformations. One of the best Transformations is “Add Title Before Text” which, when enabled, allows Pasting a Web Link together with its Title in a nicely formatted block! You can combine this feature with multiple selected Links (by enabling “Separate Multiple Items by” and inserting the desired number of Line Breaks) and instantly Paste them all with the preferred formatting into a list in any text document.
The Clipboard viewer window is designed to effectively display your clippings with only the most important information and allows for easily finding, viewing and organizing Items into custom Lists. The Expand item button provides for an extended in-line view and pressing the Spacebar invokes the Quick View feature which places your text and images on a larger canvas where you can even edit text in place. I would love to see the additional character and word count info displayed for text items in this View.
Copy 'Em is a foundational application that adds tremendous value to the Mac platform. And the developer keeps adding new features and continuously improving how the App works. Don't miss out on this Clipboard Powerhouse!
Better and Better, Used over a year now.
I’ve enjoyed almost daily , often many times a day, Copy’em and the Copy’em Helper apps over a year now. It’s hard to even think of doing without Copy’em for many and multiple copying text and pictures and links and screen shots and shots of sub-areas on the screen; able to quickly search for copies made months ago, or minutes or hours or days ago, a paste several ways as needed or desired. Copy’em makes so many aspects easy and so quick to do, that otherwise would consume so much more time and effort trying to figure out how to accomplish the tasks. Works when I switch to a different browser or even for me when using a different laptop at home or at work. Great Menu Options also, to see and change preferences and to search within Copy’em how to edit, change, or move one or multiple items in one or many folders to group items together according to source, subject, time, or whatever parameters are useful. Powerful app, I’m still a novice with so much more to learn of its capabilities on and off line, in the cloud, and having fun doing it!
Very useful little app as a student
I was looking for an app to let me continuously copy information from one source then mass-paste the copied info in another document. This app doesn't exactly do that, but it works close enough. It saves a history of every copy so you can go through and later paste it all at once.
Additionally, I found several other features to be very helpful. There is a "no formating" toggle, which is very great for copying from things we crazy formating (lecture slides, text books, pdfs in my experience). The copy history is also incredibly useful as you can "favorite" items that wont get deleted when you clear the history. I often keep various elements here for quick access. For example, I keep a bullet-point dot (⦿) for my Quizlet flashcards, arrows for adding to various lectures (→) , etc.
I very much recommend this if you do a lot of typing/note taking on your mac. It saves me a lot of time and really didn't know how much I needed it. As evidenced when I sigh in frustration when my school's testing software closes it out and I forget to reboot it! It's really great!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hoi Chang
- 6.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2023 Hoi Chang
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.