CopyClip 2 is the slickest and most efficient premium clipboard manager for your Mac. Running discreetly from your menu bar, the app stores all text that you have copied or cut in the past, allowing you to quickly find that snippet of text you've been looking for.
- Ability to store up to 9999 clippings
- Option to paste clippings with the original formatting if desired
- Ability to search through clippings using the embedded search bar
- Keyboard shortcuts to paste clippings
- Right-click option to ‘pin’ chosen clippings to the top of the list
- You can exclude apps you wish not to copy clippings from
- Option to edit and delete individual clippings, as well as delete all clippings at once
- Toggle between Dark/Light user interface themes
- Works on both the menubar and the Dock
BENEFITS OF COPYCLIP 2:
- Improves your overall productivity, speed and efficiency
- Saves you time on the mundane task of cutting/copying/pasting
- All your recent copied items are stored on the app’s clipboard = less worries!
- Pinning items to the top of the list keeps those important clippings within easy reach
- The search bar helps to ensure anything you may have previously copied, is easy to find again
We've worked hard to make CopyClip 2 as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback, love and support!
- Added support for concealed pasteboard type
Ratings and Reviews
Great Time Saver
With built in copy/paste there isn’t a way to keep the copied item for later use (that I know of). This app will keep copied items for ever unless you personally delete them from the app. I find I go back to the app for copied items on a regular basis. The more I use it the better I like it. If you need to copy more than one item on a page you can copy everything you need at one time then select from Copy Clip what goes where and paste from Copy Clip. There used to be an application on computers called Clip Board it was useful the same way, guess it got lost in some upgrade. So glad Copy Clip filled the void.
Perfect for my needs
I have tried many similar apps, but this one is by far the best I have found so far. It is unobtrusive yet always there, easily accessible. The ability to pin frequently used clips is a godsend. I, for example, being a lawyer, use section (§) and paragraph (¶) symbols all the time, but they are a real pain to invoke using the Macs’s native abilities. I simply have those two pinned at the top of Copy Clip’s list, and now it is a breeze to insert them. I also really like the build-in abilities to edit clips and convert them easily to plain text.
I suspect the app is designed just to generate income - not provide any useful function.
1. The copy/paste window is static - can't be dismissed by clicking outside of it, hitting Esc, etc. - you can only dismiss it by clicking on the tray icon
note: this is in "keep above other windows settings" - just because I wan't it to pop up over the top of other windows, doesn't mean I don't want to be able to dismiss the window
2. the window can only be moved by click/dragging on the bottom of the window, not the title bar like you'd expect
3. paste doesn't even seem to actually work ... I have yet to get ANY Paste function to work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. when selecting the settings of "Paste Directly" in to active window (Hmm...maybe that makes paste work?) - I'm presented with a dialog to install a "small helper utility" from some 3rd party website ... uh ... hell no !! so I have no idea if that will enable paste functionality, steal all of my clipboard history, slam a trojan in place ... or ... what ?
5. the shortcut keys can't be used - because just about every other app out there wants to map Command-1, 2, 3, etc... to something - and the keyboard shortcuts can't be changed in preferences
IN SHORT - DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!!!!!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.