Imagine Logic Pro re-imagined as a live performance powerhouse. That’s exactly what Apple’s MainStage 3 is all about! See all the cool new features, the absolute power and ease of use that MainStage brings to your stage performance setup!
MainStage and Logic now work as one integrated production and live performance duo. If you know Logic Pro X then you understand the power of MainStage 3’s Smart Controls. If you create MainStage patches then you get the deep new features introduced in Logic Pro X. They work together, share the same content and deliver a powerful solution for performers of all kinds of music.
This course is designed by Matt Vanacoro – in consultation with Apple – to get you up and running with MainStage fast! You learn about every aspect of MainStage, from its newly designed GUI to its powerful live performance music tools!
See how to set it up and configure your system and preferences. Then hold on tight as Matt gives you the whirlwind MainStage 3 tour. From there you’re into a section that demystifies and explains Concerts, Sets and Patches. Next, you learn all about the Layout, Edit and Performance screens. Matt then shows you how to customize MainStage to build your own custom sound banks. He explains multi-keyboard setups with their assignments and mappings. He then dives deep into MIDI and audio setups where you learn how to use the Playback plugin and the cool new MIDI FX.
Table of Contents:
2. Downloading MainStage and Content
3. Configuring Your System for MIDI and Audio
4. The Preferences Menu
5. The Toolbar
6. MainStage: A Whirlwind Tour
7. Concerts, Sets and Patches - Part 1
8. Piano Presets
9. Guitar Presets
10. Drum Presets
11. Vocal Presets
12. Backing Track Presets
13. The Layout Screen
14. The Edit Screen
15. The Perform Screen
16. Changing Patches
17. Building a Piano Preset
18. Building a Guitar Preset
19. Two Keyboards are Better Than One
20. Concerts, Sets and Patches - Part 2: Pulling Back t...
21. Intro to Assignments and Mapping
22. More Assignments and Mapping
23. MIDI and Audio Setups
24. The Playback Plugin
25. MIDI FX
26. MainStage and Logic: Made For Each Other
27. New in MainStage 3
28. What’s Next
• Improved User Interface and Experience.
• Add your own notes to individual tutorials.
• View the outline and jump to any tutorial while playing video or from the Home screen.
• Mark your favourite tutorials.
• Take your learning experience full screen.
• Hide or show the tutorial outline whenever you want.
• Compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), and newer.
Ratings and Reviews
Do not waste your money
A ballon pops up offering a suggestion, but it visually blocks that part of the lesson! In another part the effect he is using as an example is to low to hear on several occasions. His voice goes to nothing at one point for about 30 seconds, and in another place his voice is echoed because the bus is set up wrong… and that is not part of the lesson! It’s worse than the “for dummies” books, much too haphazard. I never did learn how to do what I needed.
Support Does NOT RESPOND
I got this several weeks ago and have contacted support many times and they don't bother to respond. When I launch this app, all I get is a blank window. Nothing works on it! A WASTE of Money...
can't even start on a pristine 10.14.4 macbook
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.