Cork’d is a new social spin on the world of wine and spirit reviews provided by the people that know alcohol best – you! For ages 21+.
Cork’d puts a social spin on the world of user wine and spirit reviews. By downloading Cork’d you’ll have access to:
- Thousands of user provided reviews for wine, spirits and store picks in a newsfeed format
- The “My Bunker” bottle inventory system to store your collection
- The “Recommend Me” function to find your next bottle based on your preferences
- The Store Pick inventory system that tracks bottles by Store, Restaurant and Pick Groups
- A profile page to track all your ratings and to check in on your boozey friends
- Advanced "Recommend Me" search function
- "My Bunker" Inventory management system
- Store Pick tracking system by store, restaurant and pick group
- Improved "Boozefeed" search and sort system
- Improved user interface
- Faster response and load times
- Custom advertising for stores and restaurants
Ratings and Reviews
The app’s release was greeted with open arms by this alcohol lover. The reviews created by members give you a better insight than googling a review. You can also find more in-depth information on store picks. The app still has a few wrinkles to press out but it is new and expected. Overall it’s a great concept for beginners or an expert. Beginners can gain prospective on what to buy and your expert can catalog their collection and trickle down their knowledge to other members. Download and enjoy the app!
Good app, would like to see a few updates
The app works and the developer is smart to get people to get entries in to do a lot of the upfront data entry. Good data mining for future use. The scroll feature under recommend me doesn’t highlight which number you’re changing, and could use some indication for the end user as I had selected both somehow and both numbers were changing at the same time versus the from rating x to rating y. The photo selection tool was a little tough to work with as the scroll to photo access was very quick and I didn’t really know what option I had selected. Outside of that, the search function is nice and I think this could be a very valuable app to consolidate all the websites and group pages into something easier. Maybe add a secondary value price and date of sale?
Great Starting Point - Needs refinement
Heard about this app and being really into the bourbon scene I thought it was a great idea. Overall, I like the app but there are a couple ways I would simplify and refine it.
-Make the rating system easier. Use 1-5 with .25 intervals. No need for people to get as specific as 1.78 or 3.43 ratings. Just keep it to 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, etc
-Make it easier to add inventory to the bunker. When posting a review, I get the need to add as much info as possible but when adding bottles to My Bunker it should be as detailed as I want it to be. Eliminate the forcing of filling in most fields. Keep it to 1-2 fields and the rest are all optional.
-Would also be really cool (and a lot of work for the developer haha) if it read info from the pictures we add in. Like being able to identify Brand, bottle dates, etc from the pictures rather than all manual typing. Lots of different labels make this hard but even identifying the brand/distiller would be awesome
-Extra info is great for people that want it but when it is required, people who don’t care for all that detail will be turned off with the process
-Great app, great idea, now find ways to simplify the navigation. Keep up the good work!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Darryl Bowman
- 33.5 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Cork'd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.