The Cosmic Watch 2.0 is a high quality 3D planetarium and timepiece. This powerful educational tool renders stunning graphics of the earth and sky in real time. It's a playful and entertaining introduction to Astronomy and Time.
Take an astronaut's flight over planet earth or explore the solar system. Point your phone or tablet towards the sky and experience it in augmented reality!! Get to know the constellations, stars, and planets in your sky right now! Travel to the past, present and future and see how time is related to the movements of the solar system.
The Cosmic Watch combines basic principles of astronomy with time measurement to deliver a journey through space and time, while providing real time visualisations of your position in the cosmos. The Cosmic Watch 2.0 calculates important astronomical events so you never miss the next cosmic phenomena.
The Cosmic Watch is for everyone who loves the planet earth and wants to unlock the secrets of the celestial vault. It's a must have for nature lovers and outdoor adventures, amateur astronomers and advanced stargazers, professional astronomers, clock fans, science fiction geeks.
Cosmic Watch has won several app awards including:
• WEBBY AWARD for the Best Educational App 2018
• WIRED and TECHRADAR Best iPhone and iPad apps 2017
• AASL best apps for teaching and learning 2017
"A beautiful learning experience" Gadget360
"The Cosmic Watch give students the freedom to explore and discover
without limits... its stunning visuals provide imagination and inspiration
to go looking for more." Educational App Store
"mind-boggling with an amazing amount of detail, contained in beautiful graphics, an entertaining celestial ride" Huffpost
"a work of art and a daily adventure for all stargazers" Android social media
"This new app aims to change how you view time, by moving beyond hours, minutes and seconds to reveal your position in the cosmos and relate that position to the movement of celestial bodies." Space.com
"a captivating way to change our perspective of how we see something so elemental as time.” Vincent Rusell - Digital arts and humanities
"An intergalactic take on time" Gadget
"simply out of this world" PopDust
The Cosmic Watch 2.0 has made improvements towards usability.
• Unique app containing a 3D celestial sphere for an overview of the whole sky
• Planetarium with star maps, constellations and astronomical events calculator
• Augmented reality for experiencing the sky
• Earth globe with high resolution textures for night and day
• 3D interactive astronomical clock and world clock
• Comprehensive representation of retrogrades
• Geocentric and Heliocentric views of the solar system
• Digital compass
• Many informative layers
The Cosmic Watch was created by Celestial Dynamics, a small and enthusiastic team of dreamers, visionaries and profound seekers with the mission to create beautiful and inspiring apps to raise awareness of the earth, sky and the cosmos.
Join the expansion of the universe and of your knowledge with this app. Experience the world's first and most advanced 3D interactive astronomical clock of the digital age.
Welcome to COSMIC-WATCH 2.0
Time is the cosmic rhythm
* you get a fully functional app, no in-app purchases, not a live wallpaper, not a widget, not a smart watch app
Feedback and help: firstname.lastname@example.org
online manual: http://cosmic-watch.com/user-guide/
Version 2.0.2 (20180523.2)
- New Sky View: Point your phone or tablet to the sky and get a real-time look at the constellations, stars, and planets in space.
- New Solar System View: see the complete solar system, change between heliocentric and geocentric views
- Events and Notifications: the Cosmic Watch calculates the next astronomical and time related events and sends notifications. Rise, transits and set times for the Sun and Moon, lunar phases, equinox and solstice, lunar and solar eclipses, daylight saving time
- New equatorial clock face: a contemporary and comprehensible visualisation of the 24 hours of the day.
- transitions between views
- new help system
- Added a bigger cities database (23’000): including all cities with a population bigger than 15’000 or capitals
- tap the cosmic watch logo to enter fullscreen
- Celestial Sphere: can be switched on/off in the Earth View
Ratings and Reviews
Might be the coolest App ever made
I love this App so much!!! Hard to find the right words for why, but using it is quite meditative. I think it’s one of the best ways our knowledge and technology have been utilized in recent history. Of course nothing beats looking at the actual stars and planets if you have the opportunity, but this App gives such beautiful perspective and the amazing potential to reawaken interconnection. I don’t think most people contemplate the measurement of time and our place in the universe because there are so many distractions in modern life—but this gives me hope that staring down into a phone can actually enrich the way I look out and up into the rest of the world. Thank you for this App!
I just started using the app. What would be nice is a manual that one could print instead of using the Share icon and selecting PRINT while viewing the instructions. Printing with Share messes up some of the pages due to the black filled headings. Maybe a night light capability if used in bedroom so it’s not so bright.
Much easier to learn aspects if there was a formal manual.
After going to cosmic-watch website on my laptop, I found the manual for printing as well as a quick start guide and tutorials.
I take back my initial comment on manuals.
Actually more cooler than expected
The more I looked - the more I found. Had to come up for air after a couple of hours of exploring the App (initially only intended a cursory investigation of the App and ended up amazed). Love the creativity (and obvious copious amount of User Centered Design planning which went into the project prior to releasing it to the market).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.