Field Guide for mobile devices
Costa Rica Birds includes all of the birds that have occurred in this beautiful country. This digital field guide requires no Internet connection and has a wealth of information and features that also make it an excellent reference guide before, during, and after any trip to Costa Rica.
Since this app was released in 2015, local bird experts in Costa Rica have updated features and information to turn this app into a comprehensive digital tool that can be personalized with target lists, lists of birds seen and heard, and notes.
It also includes accurate and up to date information about bird identification, habits and habitats for 930 species on the Costa Rica list as well as 68 additional species that may eventually occur in Costa Rica.
• Full-featured birding field guide for Costa Rica.
• Images for 926 species on the Costa Rica list.
• Vocalizations for more than 900 species.
• Information, field marks, range maps for all species on the Costa Rica bird list.
• Images, information, and sounds for 68 additional species that may eventually occur in Costa Rica.
• NO ADVERTISEMEMTS. FREE UPGRADES WITH ADDITIONAL IMAGES AND SOUNDS.
• Additional features:
• Comprehensive SEARCH filter
• -Search by name
• -Sorting options, including nocturnal birds
• -Make target lists
• -Check as seen, heard, or unseen/heard
• -Personal notes
• -Camera, email notes and photos.
• -Similar Species feature allows quick comparison of field sightings.
• -Information about major habitats.
• -Information about Conservation status.
• New, improved note keeping, including note filtering, recording GPS position, and emailing 1 or a batch of notes in eBird format.
• Which Bird is it?' Record and photo bird, email to us for help in identification.
• Larger font for easier reading.
• Pinch images to make them bigger.
New species observed in Costa Rica
Ratings and Reviews
Bug fixed; I’m a happy camper. Looking forward to further enhancements.
Easy to use.
This app is great, much easier than carrying a book and shuffling through the pages. There is a filter function that allows you to search for birds by characteristics like colors and size. Finding the birds like that is really easy without knowing their names.
I also like the ability to mark them as seen and heard. Then you can go and filter by marked as seen and you get a list with the species that you have observed. Great work.
Great app for all levels of birders
A lot of people at Arenal Observatory Lodge in La Fortuna were using this app. Loved the fact they have photos, vocalizations and ranges attached to the bird description. Being able to email a photo of the bird to the developers is very handy for hard-to-identify species. Nice touch.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Mullin
- 582.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Michael Mullin
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.