STEP IN SYNC WITH YOUR HEART.
The Counterpace® guidance system is a sensor-based training platform that coordinates rhythmic movement with your heart cycle to enhance aerobic performance, health, recovery & experience.
The Counterpace app connects to the Counterpace sensor and guides you to match your heart rate to your step rate, while ensuring that each step is precisely timed to the relaxation phase of your heart’s pump cycle. Simply step to the audible prompts to optimize blood flow and oxygen delivery throughout your body.
Based on the science of cardiac counterpulsation, the Counterpace system guides you to align each step with your body's natural cardiac rhythm so you can exercise longer and faster with less effort and greater efficiency.
• Treadmill Walking & Running - Counterpace is easiest to use on a treadmill, where you can control speed & incline to fine tune your heart and step rate.
• Elliptical Training - Adjust resistance to ensure you're at a comfortable step rate. Counterpace guidance also works on "paddle based" stair stepping machines.
• Outdoors - improves your walking, running or hiking experience, from the track to the trails, whenever your natural heart rate during each activity approximates your natural step rate. Accessories, such as walking poles, or ankle or hand weights increase blood flow, calorie burn, and help you naturally raise your heart and step rates, as desired.
The Counterpace sensor is required for use of the Counterpace app. The sensor is available for purchase only at www.counterpace.com.
Terms of service: https://counterpace.com/pages/terms-of-service
- Updated audio experience improves beat timing when listening to music, enhances clarity, and reduces audio latency.
- The "Hale" and "Quantize" beat options have been reworked.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love this app!
I have been wanting to get back into running but at 52 the thought of getting back into running shape was painful. A friend told me about Counterpace and it gave me the motivation I needed! Just the possibility of learning how to walk and/ or run in an efficient way that would benefit my brain and my heart! I’m all in! Before using this app I could only run for about 15 minutes before the aches & pains set it. Now I’m getting out for 30-60 minutes and I feel good during & after the exercise.
Love the music aspect!
I know it's only part of the app but I love running with music in time with my step
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.