Counting Bills & Coins 4+
Designed for iPhone
Counting Bills & Coins lets you practice identifying and solving math problems with money. Count, match, and make change with coins up to quarters and bills up to $20. Practice money skills in five unique activities:
(1) Counting Money: Type the total of the coins and bills you see.
(2) Show Me the Money: Drag bills and coins to make the total shown.
(3) Making Change: Drag bills and coins to give customers change for their purchases.
(4) Matching Amounts: Make the amount shown by using a different combination of bills and coins.
(5) Show Values: Drag coins and bills to count up, and then check your answer.
Perfect for younger students who are just learning what pennies, nickels, and dollars are and for more advanced students who want to practice making change up to $99.
* Explore U.S. currency.
* Coins: 1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢
* Bills: $1, $5, $10, $20
* Choose to work with coins only or coins and bills.
* Choose up to three difficulty levels to see front or front and back of money and solve more difficult problems.
Counting Bills & Coins was created by K12 Inc. as part of its comprehensive math curriculum. Learn more at http://www.k12.com/what-is-k12/.
For help with technical problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IP Policy: http://www.k12.com/ip-policy
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Hi! I have a learning disability and I’ve always hated math. This app truly taught me more than my teachers ever did in school. I recently got a job and I was a really hard time counting money. I downloaded this app and within 2 days I became beyond good! I’m honestly addicted to this app. Recommend 👍 Only suggestion is that the bills couldn’t be made bigger and there are a few glitches but nothing major
Fix size of coins!
In real life there is an obvious size difference between all of the coins, but this app doesn’t show that difference. I teach students with exceptional needs, and I teach them functional living skills such as counting money. When I did the first problem I was sure that it was showing me two nickels so I entered in 10 cents. I was dumbfounded to receive the message that the amount was too little. I wasn’t sure what was going on so I kept entering the same answer until it finally told me that the correct answer was 30 cents. I then looked closer at the coins and sure enough one was a quarter and one was a nickel. The next problem showed the penny being the same size as the nickel. One of the main ways my students tell the difference between coins is by their size, which means that they would have a hard time successfully using this app. Fix this issue and I think it would be a good app.
I like the variety of ways the app works with money. The only improvement I can suggest is that the bills are small when you are in the counting menu and hard to read on an ipod touch.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- K12, Inc.
- 24.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2015 K12 Inc.