From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Courier Journal app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($7.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.courier-journal.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, we're fixing bugs and improving performance!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very handy and easy to use
I pull it up whenever I have a few minutes of dead time and read an article or two while I'm waiting for whatever it is (doctor, picking up kids, etc).
Poor Customer Service
I don’t even know where to begin. I’m so frustrated with CJ. You can’t even call them with a problem anymore. No customer service on weekends so if you don’t receive the newspaper you’ve been getting for 4 decades, well, you’re just out of luck! If you call during the week, you MAY get a call back hours later, as their employees work from home as one opened up to me on the phone about 3 months ago when this happened, AGAIN. The CSR’s are very polite but their hands are tied. Honestly feel bad for these ppl bc they get the blame for the delivery department’s fault. You’ll never get the Sunday paper like they use to bring you when they messed up. If I wanted a digital paper, I wouldn’t have signed up for a REAL NEWSPAPER! I will cancel this as of tomorrow bc I’m tired of dealing with CJ. At one time, this was a very good paper. Not anymore! If you see a one star, it’s bc I had to give it otherwise they done deserve one star!
Been using this app for a few months now. It is fine for headline news. However, I have a few suggestions.
1. The obituary interface needs to be improved. When you click on a name to read the info, and then click to go back, you get sent all the way back to the beginning. Surely there is a way so that when you click back you get sent back to the list of names instead of all the way back to page one where you select the obituary section again.
2. Sections other than headlines need to be updated more frequently. For example, the Shopping & Fashion section has had the same stories on it for months. Some new articles, please!
- 289.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- The Courier-Journal Digital Subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.