Take your raw photo editing skills to the next level: master Adobe Camera Raw 6 -and the best features of Bridge C5- from a seasoned photographer!
In this concise tutorial, veteran photographer and author Dan Moughamian shows you everything you need to know to confidently use ACR 6 and Bridge CS5 to precisely adjust your RAW photos and manage your photo library.
First, delve into the fundamentals of raw photo editing with ACR 6. Start by cropping and straightening your images, quickly remove dust and lens spots, and create localized edits with the powerful Adjustment Brush. You’ll also explore advanced raw editing techniques with the Tone Curve, Details panel and HSL, as well as split-toning, lens correction, synchronized edits, and more. Moughamian shows you the finer points of raw adjustments, like professional tricks for sharpening images more efficiently, adding a subtle film grain effect, or finding the sweet spot when adjusting global contrast.
When it’s time to organize your photos, Moughamian shows you pro techniques for optimizing the Bridge CS5 workspace and using its most powerful features, so that you can quickly categorize and find the files you need. Learn to show only the images you need with the Filter panel, compare similar image details with the Loupe tool, and other pro tips that will keep you ahead of the curve.
The tutorial covers the best new features in CS5, including the amazingly efficient Mini-Bridge panel in Photoshop. A detailed and humorous trainer, Moughamian shares the professional workflows that photographers use to manage and correct large libraries of raw images.
Table of Contents:
2. Overview: Tone & Color Controls
3. Overview: Image Corrections
4. User Interface at a Glance
5. Understanding the Preferences
6. Zoom and Pan Controls
7. Crop & Straighten Tools
8. Setting the White Balance
9. Spot Removal Tool
10. White Balance, Temperature & Tint
11. Exposure, Recovery, Blacks, Fill Light
12. Brightness and Contrast
13. Clarity, Vibrance, Saturation
14. Parametric & Targeted Curve Adjustments
15. Adjustment Brush
16. Graduated Filter
17. Capture Sharpening
18. Noise Reduction
19. Modifying Hue, Saturation and Luminance
20. Creating Black & White Photos
21. Creating Split-Toned Black & White Photos
22. Adding a Film Grain Look
23. Using Profiled Lens Corrections
24. Creating Manual Lens Corrections
25. Synchronizing Edits
26. Creating Presets
27. Creating Snapshots
28. Workflow Options
29. Save (Export) Images
30. Customizing the Bridge UI for Photography
31. Importing with Photo Downloader
32. Navigating with Favorites & the Path Bar
33. Evaluating Photos Side-by-Side with the Loupe
34. Ranking & Labeling Your Images
35. Using Keywords and Basic Searches
36. Using the Filter panel
37. Grouping Photos with Smart Collections
38. Metadata panel Overview
39. Accessing Photoshop Tools
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.