Let your album covers shine with Cover Lights.
The covers in your iTunes library are real artworks. They use colors to express the mood of your music. Wouldn't it be great to adjust the room illumination to the mood of your music while you are listening to your favorite tracks? Well, now with Cover Lights and your Philips Hue Bulbs you can.
When starting a music track in iTunes, Cover Lights automatically analyzes the colors of the cover to tint your Philips Hue bulbs accordingly. In addition you can change the color selection for a cover using drag'n'drop, if you are not happy with Cover Lights' automatic selection.
* The App extracts the colors of the currently played track in iTunes to tint your Philips Hue Bulbs
* Cover Lights automatic color selection can be easily optimized using drag'n'drop
* This app requires iTunes 11.1 or higher to be installed on your computer
* At the moment this app does not support iTunes Radio. Only music titles in your local iTunes library are supported.
* This App requires that your Philips Hue bulbs can be controlled from your computer. Please ensure that you have a Hue Bridge with at least one bulb set up on your network before buying this App.
* Cover Lights is no disco App. In the current version the bulbs only get tinted (no rapid light changes).
* Fixes a compatibility issue with the Hue bridge
Ratings and Reviews
Very pleased with the App
Works flawlessly with downloaded music.
Not so much when streaming.
If it could work with music videos it would be simply AMAZING!
Nevertheless, its pretty awesome how it can match the album artwork with great accuracy.
Solved problem with near instant email support. A must app for Hue users. Thank you for great app and support.
Great app — fantastic support!
First of all, the app itself—while simple—is very, very cool (if you’re like me and you sit at a desk all day listening to music from iTunes and have Phillips Hue lights nearby). But beyond the app, I have to say I am seriously impressed with the support. After using the app with no problems for a month or two, it suddenly stopped working (probably after a Hue bridge update, or some OS updates — not sure). I contacted the developer, and to my surprise, he wrote back very quickly and we began to e-mail back and forth, trying to solve the problem. I had no idea if the problem was with the app, or with the Hue bridge or bulb hardware, or the Hue software, or an Apple software update, or even something in my network configuration that had changed — there are many possible points of failure with something like this, and after a few rounds of e-mails back and forth, I think a lesser developer would have just given up and passed the blame on to one of those other possibilities. Not Claus. He kept in touch and even sent a new version of the app for me to test if I wanted (rather than having to wait even longer for the update to be available in the App Store, etc.). Definitely an app (and developer) worth supporting!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.