Watch live TV and On Demand shows and movies on any device at home or on the go.
• Inside your home, watch live TV and On Demand content from all channels you are subscribed to.
• Outside the home, watch live TV and On Demand shows and movies by using the filter “Available out of home.”
• Customize the TV guide by filtering popular categories like Kids, Sports, and Movies.
• Watch rented and purchased movies in the ‘Purchased’ sub-folder inside the ‘Saved’ folder.
• Use ‘Parental Control’ in Settings to manage what your children can watch on mobile devices.
• Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connection
• Subscription to Cox Video service
• Cox username and password.
- When you finish watching an episode of a TV Show, we'll start the next one automatically.
- Find it faster with filters functionality.
- Bug fixes and performance updates.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is mostly great when it’s working, which is about 70% of the time. My only complaint when it’s working fine would be that I wish I could rewind shows/movies or “play from beginning.” On the other hand, when it’s not working, it’s constantly crashing or telling me I’m not connected to WiFi. When it tells me I’m not connected, I do the usual sign out/sign back into WiFi, close app in background, restart iPad, and/or delete and redownload app. Nothing works. It tells me I can watch a few selected channels, but not all the channels I pay to watch. The funny part is, I am connected to WiFi because my iPad is WiFi only. And my WiFi is working perfectly fine because I can watch the list of allowed off WiFi channels. It makes no sense!! And talking to anyone at or related to Cox is pointless because they look into the problem and tell me, “everything is fine, I don’t know what’s wrong. It must be on your end somewhere or apples fault *shoulder shrug*.” I’m at my wits end, and don’t know what to do. I just want it to work.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry you’re having trouble with WiFi detection issues. Please call Customer Care at 800-234-3993, email us at email@example.com, or tweet us at @CoxHelp so we can try to troubleshoot your specific issue further.
Still subpar to Directv
This app has definitely improved from a year ago but I am still left disappointed that you can’t access your recorded shows. This is the main reason that I cannot wait to switch back to Directv because their app allows you to not only watch shows from the app but be able to search for your favorite shows and record them from the app itself. It also allows you to download all your recordings onto the app to watch when you’re not connected to WiFi. In regards to this, the Cox app just does not compare and as someone that is always on the go, the mobile app is a deal breaker for me. If Directv is capable to have all those features, there’s no reason Cox can’t make the effort to do the same.
Developer Response ,
We are planning to provide this feature in the near future!
For now, you can set DVR recordings from a separate app, the Cox Connect app (formerly known as "Cox Mobile Connect"). Cox Connect can also be used to do other things too like check your account balance, pay your bill, manage your home phone, listen to voicemail, and find both Cox Stores and our public Cable WiFi hotspots.
Not so much a review
With all the problems, not only with Contour, but overall I can only say when the ‘exclusive’ nature COX has on the consumer is replaced or gone COXis going to see a large number of people migrating away from the company.
We came from another state and had XFINITY and other service providers and COX even though electronically and programming wise being ver similar leaves COX lagging behind overall in many ways.
We for one are planning a change as soon as our contract is up.
COX’s attitude, knowing they have a hold on you, and not budging a bit on programming and forcing features not needed but by us not wanted and other conditions just leaves us very frustrated. Company policy can be changed to give good customer service and keep their customers. The quality of this so called service doesn’t come close to their cousin XFINITY or many of the other providers we have subscribed to before moving to Arizona.
Looking into the exclusive nature and how they maintain that exclusiveness is my next research project..
- Cox Communications, Inc.
- 123.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © Cox Communications, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.