○ Wherever you go, the all-new Cox Voice Everywhere app allows you to bring the capabilities of your Cox Voice service on-the-go with you. With a robust set of features and functionality, all you need is Wi-Fi or a mobile network data connection to access all the benefits of your Cox Voice service wherever you are. Whether you’re making or taking calls, listening to or managing your home voicemail, your smartphone is now your key to unlocking the power of Cox Voice service from everywhere. All your family members can share the Cox Voice Service with the app on their smartphones and there can be up to 4 active calls at the same time, independently of any call with home phone.
■ Overall Voice features: Make and receive calls from anywhere and access your Cox Voice features such as Call Waiting from your app just as you would from your home phone.
■ Access Cox home voicemail: Listen, read voicemail transcripts right from your smartphone. Any changes you make to your messages will sync across all your phones.
■ Access your contacts on the phone: Easily connect with everyone you know, right when you need to by accessing your phone contacts.
■ Long Distance Calling At No Extra Cost*: Having Cox Voice service on your smartphone also allows you to take advantage of all your long distance calling just as you would from your home phone at no extra cost, avoiding expensive charges from hotels or your wireless service provider. (*Billing is based off Cox Voice service plan of customer.)
Ratings and Reviews
Increase in Fake Calls Since Activating
Ever since activating this app, we have started to receive a high volume of fake calls that do not even register as missed or recent calls.
The app does forward real calls too as advertised, but it seems strange that we started getting so many phantom calls that do not register as calls. I think I wish we could opt to get the old call forwarding feature we had with our service through Cox Connect.
Has anyone else noticed a high volume of fake calls after starting to use this app?
What started out as a weak app to begin with has gotten even worse over the last few months.
• Touch ID works sometimes, then stops working for no reason. Forces you to enter the password again. Used to be reliable.
• Calls don’t ring to the cell most of the time now. Used to be reliable.
• Calls that SHOULD’VE rang to the cell get “delayed.” That is, when you open the app and click on the calls button (bottom center), the last call never sent to the cell actually rings the phone. It’s like it’s queued up or something. Never happened before.
• Need the ability to add numbers to the block list from the app. And while you’re at it, increase the number of blocks available to a reasonable number. The current count is WAY too low.
September 18th update:
Still useable. Why?
October 22, 2019 update:
Contacted Cox. No fix and no mention of when one would be forthcoming. Very disappointing.
October 24, 2029 update:
Now I can’t even log into the app (“Unknown Error”). What an embarrassment.
Terrible quality. and supportq
While it does provide access to cox phone voicemails (which preciously worked better within Cox’s other app), they’re not tying. I attempted to use the call forward feature where cox phone calls are routed to my iPhone. When I attempted to set the switch in Settings, a message pops up that directs me to the Settings>Voice Everywhere to enable the microphone, but there’s no such setting. Going to ios Settings>Privacy>Microphone brings no joy. The “Info” tab within the app tells me to “feel free to reach out to them”, but provides no means to. When I called Cox tech support, they had never heard of this app... yet it’s the only way to listen to voicemail !!! Argh.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.