CR-8k is a full featured vintage drum machine with programmable features and built-in effects.
Holding the simplicity of eighties instruments and carrying their raw heritage to you, it turns your device into a pocket beat making companion.
I believe that designing a pure interface, simply displaying your machine without any distraction, was the best way to reflect the spirit of the period it was born.
A CR-8k is actually very easy to operate and to play with but still tricky to program.
Please refer to corresponding documentation or just take the challenge !
Main caracteristics :
- 13 Original high quality double-samples
- 24 Combinable preset patterns
- 8 Programmable patterns
- 8 Preset fill-ins
- 4 Programmable fill-ins
- 8 Arranger variations
- 2 Rythm memory registers
- Shuffle mode (3/4 signature)
- Separated voice section volumes
- Gradual and programmable accentuation
- Full machine state auto-save
- Programs and selections auto-save
- Background audio playback enabled
- Audiobus V3
Bonuses accessible in your device settings :
- Unleash all-purpose LCD rather than only displaying the tempo
- Alter the way the patterns are played simultaneously
- Alternative « Rock » drum kit with integrated effects
- Built-in intruments effects : « Stereo pan » and « Jungle tune »
- Built-in audio effects : « Equalizer » and « Distortion »
- Built-in global effects : « Delay » and « Reverb »
- Mute any instrument
- Prevent any instrument from beeing affected by accents
- 4 Synchronized register auto-switching modes
I hope you will enjoy it as much as I love it ;-)
- Compatibility update
- Adjustment of the samples level
Ratings and Reviews
Better than Buying a Real CR-8000
I chose this over the CR-5k because I like being able to program my own rhythms, even though CR-5k is less expensive. So far, I’m really enjoying the app, and I’ve figured out how to control CR-8k via my piano using my iPad, the Lightning Camera Connection Kit, and the Midimittr app as a proxy.
I do, however, have a question: are there any plans for direct wired (USB) MIDI? If so, awesome! It would definitely open up more ways to control this already awesome app. 👍
If you don’t have plans to implement USB MIDI, no big deal. 🙂
Fun! UPDATED YEP 😄
There are a lot of very sophisticated drum machines on iOS but this devs apps are just fun! Hoping for that AUv3 soon! I give him 5 stars just for the fun factor!
I’m adding a star because dev is working on AUv3!
Still looking for AUv3 though! I like this because it gives me the sound and feel of my first drum machines. I have plenty of others but this on (I think because of the workflow) gives me those whacky patterns I got back in the day!
No update yet 😢 OK it’s here! 👍🏼
Dev gets an extra star for quick reply! 😄 Looking forward to update! Happy Holidays!
Not showing up as IAA. ☹️ Need that AUv3 support! I love old drum machines!
Developer Response ,
Hi Anickt, I specially thank you for your interest in drum machines and in my work. You really helped me going further... I am joining Audiobus forum those days where I saw you were really active. I consider implementing Audio unit and Ableton link, let’s talk about it!
This is a fun drum machine app that takes me back to my youth. Can’t seem to get the effects to work tho. Other than that, I’m having a lot of fun with it.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- David Rochaix
- 32.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 David Rochaix - CLIC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.