Holding the simplicity of eighties instruments and carrying their raw heritage to you, it turns your device into a pocket beat making companion.
I believe that designing a pure interface, simply displaying your machine without any distraction, was the best way to reflect the spirit of the period it was born.
A CR-8k is actually very easy to operate and to play with but still tricky to program.
Please refer to corresponding documentation or just take the challenge !
Main caracteristics :
- 13 Original high quality double-samples
- 24 Combinable preset patterns
- 8 Programmable patterns
- 8 Preset fill-ins
- 4 Programmable fill-ins
- 8 Arranger variations
- 2 Rythm memory registers
- Shuffle mode (3/4 signature)
- Separated voice section volumes
- Gradual and programmable accentuation
- Full machine state auto-save
- Programs and selections auto-save
- Background audio playback enabled
- Audiobus V3
Bonuses accessible in your device settings :
- Unleash all-purpose LCD rather than only displaying the tempo
- Alter the way the patterns are played simultaneously
- Alternative « Rock » drum kit with integrated effects
- Built-in intruments effects : « Stereo pan » and « Jungle tune »
- Built-in audio effects : « Equalizer » and « Distortion »
- Built-in global effects : « Delay » and « Reverb »
- Mute any instrument
- Prevent any instrument from beeing affected by accents
- 4 Synchronized register auto-switching modes
I hope you will enjoy it as much as I love it ;-)
- iOs 13 support
- Audiobus V3 support
- Remote control via Bluetooth LE midi
- Program deletion (Crash button long press)
- Automatic register switching 32''
- Tap tempo
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fun! UPDATED YEP 😄
There are a lot of very sophisticated drum machines on iOS but this devs apps are just fun! Hoping for that AUv3 soon! I give him 5 stars just for the fun factor!
I’m adding a star because dev is working on AUv3!
Still looking for AUv3 though! I like this because it gives me the sound and feel of my first drum machines. I have plenty of others but this on (I think because of the workflow) gives me those whacky patterns I got back in the day!
No update yet 😢 OK it’s here! 👍🏼
Dev gets an extra star for quick reply! 😄 Looking forward to update! Happy Holidays!
Not showing up as IAA. ☹️ Need that AUv3 support! I love old drum machines!
Developer Response ,
Hi Anickt, I specially thank you for your interest in drum machines and in my work. You really helped me going further... I am joining Audiobus forum those days where I saw you were really active. I consider implementing Audio unit and Ableton link, let’s talk about it!
This is a fun drum machine app that takes me back to my youth. Can’t seem to get the effects to work tho. Other than that, I’m having a lot of fun with it.
Why don't the buttons move?
Developer Response ,
Hi. I’m actually designing it, let’s wait for the next update. Because it is not 3D, it has to be drawn in a photo-realistic way. Further more, a modern and flat interface will be offered in option soon. Thanks for your kind review, I wish you will love the machine!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.