The days of needing to manually clean up waypoints on your GPS are in the past! Crab and Shrimp Pot Tracker allows you to easily keep track of where your pots are, how long they've been down, and how many shrimp, crab, and lobsters you've caught.
- Easily keep track of pot depths, locations, and catch totals
- NOAA marine map layer with water depths
- Navigate back to your pots using the map and compass
- The map view features a variety of modes including a heatmap.
- Leave individual notes to keep track of what methods catch the most
- View a variety of stats on pot performance and soak time
- Export and Import pull history as a CSV file, and share pots as GPX files
- Support for Dark Mode and iCloud syncing
This version adds new features based on user requests:
- Added the ability to pull pots directly from the map view
- Added the ability to filter the pots visible on the map by time
- Added the ability to export pot coordinates as a GPX file to compatible apps
Thanks for using Crab and Shrimp Pot Tracker!
Ratings and Reviews
This app was a huge success for us Lobster fishing! So much easier than trying to keep a paper log but moreover, allowing us to leave the wheelhouse and move about the boat to set, locate and pull, and keep track of our gear! Highly recommend the app and would also recommend reading the reviews which contain helpful info from users and the developer.
Update….tried sending an email which was returned/blocked so I’ll ask my questions here :)
We are wondering if you would consider the following enhancements:
- Add a tab choice for “Lobster”. (Worked great for us as is and thanks for responding with the possibility for this!)
- Add “Fathoms” back into the app as a choice for depth. (We don’t have to do any math).
- Add an “Edit” feature. (There we’re a few times the “keeper” count changed on me and I could not go back to adjust it or anything in the notes).
And finally, Lobster are nocturnal so we don’t set gear till after dark and on many occasions, do not stop till after midnight. So day 1 might be paper logged as 8pm today till 3am tomorrow. This weekend we did not fish past midnight either night so we don’t know how the app logs this situation?
- Ideally, it would helpful for the “history” to log each night of fishing as one session.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review! Looks like I need to add a lobster option now. :)
Updated: Thanks for letting me know about the email address not working, it should be fixed now. Feel free to contact me there. You should be able to edit your previous counts in the current version from the History tab.
Great way to keep track of crab pot locations and number caught.
Does just like the title says. The navigation line makes it easy to find pots.
My depths wouldnt show on the map without wifi or cell service. Not sure if it is possible to do so but other than that it works well.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review! I just wanted to follow up that you can now view the NOAA layer with depths without cell service or WiFi. Just scroll to the spot you will be going to ahead of time, and the map will be cached for that location.
Love the tracker that lets me know what previous locations were good (allows me to notate depth, how long the pot soaked how much crab yield) and let me name each pot. I love the depth charts, however wished they were in ft and not fathoms. I wish also to be able to shade certain parts of the maps to give me an idea of new areas I would like to try in the future
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review and I'm glad that you are loving the app! Check out the latest release where you can now see the depths in either feet or meters according to your preferences!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Scott St George
- 2.9 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2024 Scott St. George
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.