Key information areas include:
1. Get the facts about Ice
a. What is ice?
b. How many people use ice?
c. Why do people use ice?
d. What are the laws about ice?
2. What are the effects of Ice?
a. What are the physical effects of ice?
b. What are the mental health effects of ice?
c. What happens when you use ice with other drugs?
3. Staying safe
a. When and where do I get help?
b. How do I support a loved one?
There are also targeted resources available for specific groups including families and friends of someone using ice, health professionals, schools, and community groups.
App features include:
• Trusted, evidence-based information about crystal methamphetamine (ice) for the Australian community
• Search content with ease to quickly find all the relevant information you are looking for
• Get notified about the latest evidence-based information about crystal methamphetamine (ice) as it breaks
• Share relevant information with friends and family
• Save information and resources to read later
• Access key information, resources and functionalities even when offline (note, some features and external web-links will still require internet access to function).
Cracks in the Ice was funded by the Australian Government Department of Health, informed by community members across Australia and developed in collaboration with researchers from the NHMRC Centre of Research Excellence in Mental Health and Substance Use, the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre at the University of New South Wales, and the National Drug Research Institute at Curtin University.
Find out more about our drug education resources at www.cracksintheice.org.au and www.comorbidity.edu.au/cre-resources
- Added more infographics and contents into the app
- Enhanced search engine on the app.
- Enhanced offline PDF file viewing feature
- Added References on the menu
- Added Webinars and References on the Browse Information and Resources
Ratings and Reviews
- Centre of Research Excellence in Mental Health and Substance Use
- 87.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Centre of Research Excellence in Mental Health and Substance Use
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.