This free app was recently open-sourced.
Crank It for Denon & Marantz allows you to control compatible Denon & Marantz receivers. Designed for maximum responsiveness, this app was made because sometimes you need to change the volume of your receiver really precisely, but also really FAST.
This app can:
- change the volume (slide up/down anywhere on the screen, or use a preset)
- change the input source (ie. switch from DVD to TV)
- change the MultiEQ setting (ie. turn off Audyssey)
- toggle mute
- power the main zone & zone 2 on or off
This app supports only receivers made by Denon & Marantz that have an IP address, and are listening on port 23. In practice this translates to receivers made from roughly 2013 onwards.
Although this app has functionality designed to prevent you from accidentally turning your receiver up too loud, no software is perfect: by using this app you assume all responsibility for the volume levels & other functions set on your receiver, including those set by this app.
- Improve connection handling: faster to start, faster when app is coming from background
- Fix volume buttons not working when app is in the foreground if you disabled audio
- Do you have multiple receivers? Now you can now go back to the discovery screen when the connected receiver is powered off, and choose to select from already discovered receivers before discovery runs again
Ratings and Reviews
You guys rock!! The native Denon app has always been awful and clunky. I already have my Denon dialed in with Audyssey and other tweaks for sound design so I’ve always been on the hunt for a simple intuitive interface remote for my basic needs... like volume control and input selection. I can’t thank you guys enough. Really excited for when you introduce Zone controls so that I can control my Zone 2 outdoor speakers and then I’ll never, ever have to use the native Denon app again. Big fan and I’m already telling other buddies who have Denon that a great app developer (you) has given us all a gift.
Nice work. Works well with my Marantz AV7702 MkII pre/pro. This app preforms basic functions such as changing volume and source easily and quickly. Much faster than any of the Marantz’s iPhone remote apps I’ve tried. Opening those apps often take many seconds to connect to my processor. This app works instantaneously and I can even use the volume button on my iPhone to change the volume of my system if I choose. Thanks!
Works when the official apps don’t. Even when they did, there was no way to manually enter an IP address and they took 15 seconds to scan the network. When you need to quickly change the volume it kind of defeats the purpose to wait this long. This app opens and connects instantly. The presets work well. I’d love to see a widget for the iPad.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Solodigitalis Inc.
- 11.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Solodigitalis Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.