CRAX Commander is dual-pane file manager with approachable user interface. It is integrated with Subversion and it has built-in FTP/FTPS, SFTP/SSH,WebDAV,SMB,AFP client functionality. CRAX Commander provides many of functionalities you need to quickly and effectively access and manage your local and remote files. WITH CRAX Commander FILE MANAGEMENT IS MUCH FASTER and EASIER than it has been before.
- DUAL-PANE & multi-tabbed UI
- full UI customization (Fonts, Colors, Behaviour, Actions, Toolbar)
- full keyboard SHORTCUTS customization
- definition of CUSTOM TOOLS as menu items and toolbar items
- configurable SIDEBAR panel
- support for COLOR definition based on the file's extension or attributes
- copying and moving files/folders in BACKGROUND (non blocking GUI file operations)
- MERGING content of folders when copying or moving
- built-in clients for connection to remote volumes using SSH/SFTP, FTP/FTPS, SMB, AFP, WebDAV protocols
- built-in text file editor with SYNTAX coloring
- SPLITTING and combining files
- DROPBOX integration with exporting and importing app's settings
- calculation and verification CHECKSUMS
- archive support: ZIP, RAR, 7-ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, AR/IPK, ISO9660, RPM (browsing, selectively unpack, delete, browsing archives in archives etc.)
- advanced searching for files with support for searching for DUPLICATES
- advanced MULTI-RENAME tool
- support for SUBVERSION
- experimental support for GIT
- KEYCHAIN passwords saving and restoring
- QUICK-LOOK support
----- ... AND MUCH MORE ... ------
- update loading files to the panels
- add keep alive feature to the SSH connection
- add [c] and [S] option in the multi rename function
- update folder size calculation
- fix other small issues reported by users
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Updates brings pain and sometimes relief
last update (17.1.2016):
still cannot open external drives/mounted partitions until restarting CRAX (this bug is introduced in udate few months ago…)
former update :
Crax non stop dies/bugs IT LOOKS SOLVED
filter doesn’t work (if you have multiple tabs) SOLVED
went crazy with bug AfpAccessDenied introduced in previous update SOLVED
sometime it selects wrong file… shows one when copy copies another, maybe should force refresh (problem with previous version have not reproduced it with last one)
why don’t you add two filter boxes for each side? be better than pathfinder SOLVED (now you use same box with values according to selected side, good)
it would be nice that F3 opens viewer according to extension (view on jpg should preview picture not HEX data)
Lates update (2015 11 17) brings problems with External drives. sometimes you cannot opet folder on it. Also it lost all Toolbar settings.
Price $24 is crazy if after evry update you get new problems :(
ftp does not work at all!
Developer Response ,
FTP has been fixed recently. Could you Please cerify this fearure ?
Great Total Commander alternative!
I was looking for a Total Commander alternative for Mac, but most of the apps out there are crap.
This is a surprise, and a great, nice looking native Mac app!
Keep up the good work.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.