In celebration of SEGA’s 60th Anniversary, enjoy 50% off the in-game premium unlock from December 4 – 11!
Hey hey, come on over and have some fun with Crazy Taxi, SEGA's ground-breaking, open-world driving game. Here. We. Go! Play for free and earn craaaazy money!
Barrel through traffic packed streets, hurdle off parking garages, and crazy combo your way to crazy money in a wild frantic race to scare up the most fares. In Crazy Taxi, time is money, and only the craziest cabbies come out victorious.
Crazy Taxi joins the SEGA Forever Classic Games Collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Remastered for mobile devices based on the hugely popular Dreamcast classic
- Rock out to original music by The Offspring and Bad Religion
- Choose from 3, 5 or 10 minute game play in Arcade Mode and Original Mode
- Continue the madness with Crazy Box's 16 mini games
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - Download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
-“One of the best arcade conversions to date, and certainly the most fun game on the Dreamcast.” [5 Stars] - Les Ellis, Computer & Video Games #220 (March 2000)
-“Addictive and fun, fun, fun!” [94%] - Stuart Taylor, Dreamcast Magazine #5 (January 2000)
- “There's enough depth to the gameplay to make you question whether you could ever truly master it all” [9/10] - Tom Guise, The Official Dreamcast Magazine #5 (March 2000)
- The original arcade game was available in both standing and seated cabinet forms
- Crazy Taxi announcer Bryan Burton-Lewis also voices Axel and various customers throughout the Crazy Taxi series
- Superman (1978) and Lethal Weapon (1987) director Richard Donner acquired the rights to make a live action Crazy Taxi film in 2001
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- Originally released in arcades in 1999 and ported to Dreamcast in 2000
- Sequels Crazy Taxi 2 and Crazy Taxi 3 landed on Dreamcast and Xbox in 2001 and 2002 respectively
- Developed by SEGA AM3, which later became Hitmaker
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Crazy Taxi, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
Great game with one exception
I would actually give this game a 5-star review. But I have about 10 achievements that I’ve accomplished but can’t collect the diamonds. When I open the achievements tab, there’s nothing there. I can’t see any of them. SEGA, if you read this, please push out a bug fix or whatever needs to be done so I can get my diamonds! Lol
Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, this really is a great game. It’s a lot of fun and really easy to use. Cool upgrades and customizations you can make to your vehicles. I just wish I didn’t have to wait so long for my gas tank to refill so I can keep racing...and yes, I’m that cheap that I won’t spend $10 to have unlimited gas lol.
But you won’t be disappointed if you download this game. I really enjoy it.
One of SEGA’s Best Mobile Releases to Date
When I got Ristar’s SEGA Forever mobile port last year, gameplay was slow, the saving system sucked, and the ads were unbearable. Now with Crazy Taxi, I see SEGA Forever has improved greatly. The game doesn’t lag a bit, not sure about saving but I’m guessing it’s improved, and, thank Yuji Naka, you don’t get an ad each time you touch the screen. Aside from SF’s improvements, the game itself is great and fun to play. You get to choose the difficulty of your next job, the music is great (of course it is, it’s SEGA), and it has a ‘90s charm to it. I may not have been alive when this came out, but still, it feels like I’m playing GTA San Andreas but better (and not nearly as gory). Overall, 5 Stars, and I didn’t even rate it that to get featured, honest. Now I’m just waiting for the Sonic 3 & Knuckles mobile port by Taxman and Stealth. Yeah, that’s right SEGA. People still want that.
Great arcade game, one issue
I absolutely LOVE this game for how fast it is, it’s a great substitute for when I can’t play the arcade version. Now there’s just one small issue with the game and that’s the sound, instead of it coming out of the speakers it will come out of the ear piece of the phone. This makes the game quieter than it should be and to make things a bit worse, sometimes the sound will switch from speaker to ear piece. I hope that this can get fixed soon so that I can enjoy this game to its fullest.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sega America
- 354.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and CRAZY TAXI are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.