Making the most of your credit scores starts here. From spotting identity theft to getting personalized loan and credit card recommendations. Ready to make financial progress?
• Check your free credit scores – Learn what affects your credit scores and how you can take control.
• Credit Karma Money™ Spend – A whole new kind of checking experience with no hidden fees,* two-day Early Payday,** and a daily chance to win Instant Karma™ cash reimbursements for debit card purchases.***
• Credit Karma Money™ Save – We’re making it easy to save with no fees, a high-yield savings rate and a monthly chance to win a $20,000 Instant Karma™ cash boost when you make a deposit.****
• Explore the Relief Roadmap - Connect with government stimulus programs, unemployment benefits, debt relief opportunities, loan options and more.
• Free ID monitoring – We help you spot potential identity theft and give you tips for keeping your personal information safer.
• Free credit monitoring – Get credit alerts when we see important changes happen to your Equifax or TransUnion credit reports.
• Personalized Approval Odds – See which credit card and personal loan offers you’re more likely to get before applying.
• Credit card choices – Browse great credit card offers based on your unique credit profile.
• All things auto – Tune up your auto loan, save on insurance, see open recalls and find vehicle records.
• Home sweet home – Calculate how much home you can afford, see personalized home loan offers and get a mortgage pre-qualification letter.
• Personal loan shopping – Whether you want to refinance credit card debt or borrow for an emergency, we’ll show you personalized offers based on your credit profile.
• Credit Karma Tax® - Filing your 2020 state and federal tax returns is 100% free from start to finish, plus you’ll get our Maximum Refund Guarantee*****, Audit Defense****** and dedicated support.
• Search unclaimed money – See if any of the more than $40 billion in unclaimed money has your name on it.
Join more than 100 million members and get all these features, and more, for free. Download the Credit Karma app now.
Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC.
*Third-party fees may apply.
**Compared to standard electronic deposit. Early access is dependent on timing of payor’s submission.
***NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. For Rules visit https://www.creditkarma.com/lp/sweepstakesrules-checking#instant
****NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. For Rules visit https://www.creditkarma.com/lp/sweepstakesrules-checking#savings-instant
*****If you receive a larger federal tax refund amount or owe less in federal taxes using the same Tax Return Information when filing an amended return through another online tax preparation service, then you may be eligible to receive the difference in the refund or tax amount owed up to $100 (minimum $25) in the form of a gift card from Credit Karma Tax®. For details and eligibility, see https://www.creditkarma.com/tax/programterms#1.
******For details and eligibility, see https://www.creditkarma.com/lp/audit-defense-terms/. Exclusions apply.
$2781 provided in the Credit Karma Tax phone screen image is the average 2018 Federal tax refund based on data provided by the IRS. $2973 is the average 2018 State tax refund in CA based on data provided by the CA Department of Revenue.
Mortgage products and services offered through Credit Karma Mortgage, Inc. NMLS ID# 1588622 | Read licenses at https://www.creditkarma.com/about/mortgage-licenses.
Loan services offered through Credit Karma Offers, Inc., NMLS ID# 1628077 | Read licenses at https://www.creditkarma.com/about/loan-licenses | California loans arranged pursuant to a California Financing Law license.
Insurance services offered through Credit Karma Insurance Services, LLC (dba Karma Insurance Services, LLC; CA resident license #0172748).
This version has been updated to include Credit Karma Money™ Spend with Instant Karma™ debit purchase reimbursements. * Win cash reimbursements for debit card purchases
• No overdraft or in-network ATM withdrawal fees
• Get paid up to two days early with Early Payday
• Add debit card to Apple wallet in one tap
Ratings and Reviews
Good way to track credit changes, with caveats
I’ve been using Credit Karma for at least 7-8 years now, and overall I’m very happy with how it shows my scores and keeps info up to date on my report.
I was able to dispute a negative item through CK and have it removed, which gave my score a remarkable jump. I started with about a 580, and CK now shows me at 720.
Now, the only downside is that CK uses the Vantagescore 3.0 model, while no lenders do. They all use FICO modeling, some are still using FICO 3 even though that model is from many years ago. This can make your score significantly different, sometimes higher, but usually lower. For example, when I bought my house back in 2016, CK showed me to be around 680. My actual FICO score used was closer to 620. That put me in a different interest rate bracket, so my payments were a little higher than expected.
Fast forward to present day (April 2021) and while CK shows my score at 720, a recent Amex platinum card approval shows my score at 758.
So, don’t go into Credit Karma thinking it’s the same score you will get from a lender that pulls your report, but use it as a tool to monitor your credit and manage your debt. It’s helped me in that regard, and I take the scores with a grain of salt understanding scoring models are different.
Need more credit offerings
I LOVE Credit Karma! I only wish they had more diverse credit card option. As my credit score gets better, I keep getting offers from Capital One. I have two cards already and when I accepted an offer they (Credit Karma via email) recently sent me, I was declined based on having too many Capital One cards. I have no problems with my Capital One cards, the app makes it so easy to manage and pay my balances. The in app reviews seem to be spot on so make sure you take the time to read them before accepting offers. They seem to be partnered with a company that offers credit but the reviews are pretty much “consumer beware” I’m glad to have Capital One in my wallet so if your looking for a go to card with awesome reviews on rebuilding your credit, they are a good place to start. I recently also started receiving auto financing offers from a company that basically sells their cars via a vending machine concept. The reviews are absolutely horrible and the cars are severely overpriced. It is my opinion that some partnerships are just not a good fit for Credit Karma. Someone with bad credit would have a better chance of getting a better deal at a lemon lot or car auction. Credit Karma has helped me set reachable credit goals. I just wish there were better in app credit offerings as ones scores improve.
Inflated Credit Scores Beware
I have been using Credit Karma for the past three years and Credit Karma is constantly indicating that you qualify for a personal loan that can save you interest. It states that you can check now with no impact on your score. Both scores on Credit Karma shows 800 plus respectively. After applying you receive multiple email notifications and regular mail indicating that you do not qualify for lack of credit, insufficient credit activity and history etc.. In addition, both credit agencies that Credit Karma shows/uses have my credit score showing 90 points less respectively. I know in their verbiage they indicated that each agency uses it’s own scoring system. My concern with Credit Karma is that it is misleading when it comes to displaying accurate credit scores and it appears as if scores are inflated whereby consumers can feel that they have good scores to apply for products being offered on Credit Karma. If you are going to collect our data and provide misleading scores to create a false positive for us to apply for credit/loans whereby the advertisers will pay you then you should be upfront and truthful with your credit scoring. Be ware of the inflated credit scores on Credit Karma.
Developer Response ,
I can assure you our scores are real. In fact, they come directly from TransUnion and Equifax. But, there are various scoring models used by lenders & credit bureaus and like a thumbprint, no one model is exactly the same. Check out this article for more info: http://bit.ly/2hsit7U
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Browsing History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Credit Karma, Inc.
- 121.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2007-2021 Credit Karma, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.