Use Creek Critters to:
· find the tiny critters (macroinvertebrates) that live in your stream
· identify the critters using a visual key with line drawings and photos
· automatically create a report on your stream’s health based on your findings
· map your stream report
New photos give better perspective of small critters.
Ratings and Reviews
Too hard to use.
I really wanted to like this app as I do stream monitoring and I can see that this app has the potential to help volunteers go through the procedures and do identification. But it doesn’t work well. Navigating through the app is too annoying; requires too much guesswork. Example: Some things that look like arrows are active but some are not so you wonder if you just have to press more accurately, harder, etc. Until you finally give up. Similarly, some pics are active, some aren’t. And so on. Obviously written by someone with little experience with UI design.
I know the man who made the app
Izaak Walton League Chapter
Great app. Will use to encourage youth participation in the outdoors!!
- Audubon Naturalist Society of the Central Atlantic States, Inc.
- 80.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © @2014 Audubon Naturalist Society
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.