Use Creek Critters to:
· find the tiny critters (macroinvertebrates) that live in your stream
· identify the critters using a visual key with line drawings and photos
· automatically create a report on your stream’s health based on your findings
· map your stream report
A tool for education and community engagement!
• Enhanced macroinvertebrate identification with new photos and descriptions
• Order-level identification options for caddisflies, dragonflies, mayflies and damselflies
• Revised stream health algorithm
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app, very interactive
This app has gone through many iterations over the years in response to user feedback. It’s great for groups, individuals, and families (including families looking for exercise and time in nature while “social/physically distancing” from others during the Covid-19 pandemic) to learn how to identify the critters that live in streams. All instructions are included in the app and materials needed are very simple. Walks you through ID intuitively and rewardingly. You can stop at the easier level or go deeper and learn more specifics about what you’ve found.
Easy and makes you feel smart!
Wow! Who knew it was so simple to feel so smart?! This app makes it a breeze to discover what little critters live in the water so you know how healthy the water source is. Easy to use but beware - it’s addicting! And your kids will want to use it, too. It’s definitely easy enough for my 7 and 9 year old to master.
Fun for families
My kids had a blast splashing in the stream while learning some science. My husband, though, was the one who really “caught the bug” and was just fascinated by all the different critters living under rocks in our local stream. All it takes is an aquarium net and a few plastic containers to discover a new world!
- Audubon Naturalist Society of the Central Atlantic States, Inc.
- 46.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © @2014-2020 Audubon Naturalist Society
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.