Cricut Design Space™ is a companion app that lets you design and wirelessly cut with Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker machines. Create a project from scratch or browse thousands of images, predesigned Make It Now™ projects, and fonts in the Cricut® Image Library. The app is cloud-based and synced across your devices, so you can access your projects and images whenever you’re inspired. Use your built-in camera to visualize your project on a real-life background. Then connect wirelessly to your Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker machine and cut your projects!
• Design and cut DIY projects with Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker cutting machines
• Choose from over 50,000 images, fonts, and projects in the Cricut Image Library—or use your own images and fonts for FREE
• Upload and clean up your own images
• Design and cut without an Internet connection using fonts and images downloaded to your device
• Cut quick and easy predesigned Make It Now projects
• Make home and party décor, cards, and invitations, scrapbooking, fashion, jewelry, kids’ crafts, and more
• Cut a wide variety of materials including paper, vinyl, iron-on, cardstock, poster board, fabric—even thicker materials like leather
• Use the built-in camera on your device to position, and visualize your projects on a real-life background
• Sign in with your Cricut ID to access your images and projects and for easy checkout when making purchases on Cricut.com or in Design Space
• Bluetooth® wireless capability (wireless Bluetooth adapter may be required, sold separately)
• Fixed localization issue
• Fixed issue with sending draw paths to the machine
• Fixed bugs that prevented users from purchasing fonts, images, projects, or Cricut Access™ subscription
• Streamlined New Machine Set Up flow
• Improved auto rotation of objects on mat preview
• Switched over to more efficient backend services
• Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love love love working with this app
My mom and I purchased our first cutter (The Maker) in Sept 2019 and began making trip shirts for our Jan 2020 family Disney trip. It was a huge undertaking for 12 family members and an 10 day trip. We had matching shirts for each day in the park and for traveling and even for dinners. We utilized the design space and a laptop to create the shirts and other accessories. Our very first shirt was amazing, honestly we knew it was great but the comments we received said it all.
Since our trip I’ve seen so many amazing ideas and projects from others via FB groups and other social media threads that I follow. It’s inspired me to stretch my creativity beyond my own comfort zone and I have met some defeats but many many successes.
Recently I purchased an iPad and downloaded the design space app. I’m having to learn where all the tools are, just like I did on the laptop version, this one seems less glitchy. I hope I don’t jinks myself. I also purchased the Procreate app to use with my Maker, I haven’t used it as of yet. But I’m creating a birthday project for my niece as I type this where I plan to.
I’m just sorry that I didn’t learn about Cricut years ago. My Mom and I have thoroughly enjoyed every single moment creating things with this machine, and we look forward to many many more.
I love my machine and app.
A couple months ago my mother found a Cricut expression at a yard sale. She bought it for $30 and it came with 12 cartridges and no power cord or blade. She knew that this would be something right up my alley. We didn’t do our research and didn’t realize that the machine was basically obsolete as far as buying blades and equipment. We made due with what we could get and I was having a blast. I had so many ideas which I quickly realized were going to be hard for me to execute with what I had. We managed to pull together the money for an explore air 2. I have already made quite a few projects and I’m working on a more intricate one for my husband.
I love using the cricut design space on my iPad. So far I prefer to work from my iPad than the computer. I have only come across two issues. One- when I am uploaded an image from my photos and pre editing it, my image will go completely white. The first 5-6 times it happened I got really angry closed out and started over. Then I realized my undo button was still there and it fixed it. Two- This one is more human error than anything. I have lost two projects because I was a dummy and did not save my projects at frequent enough (or at all) intervals, then my app would glitch I would have to restart the app and come back to my project selections and it was gone.
Either way I am so happy to have bought this machine and can’t wait to see what my crafting future holds. 😀😀😀
Design Space on iPad is AWESOME...
I can’t say enough great things about my wonderful Cricut machine (I have the Explore Air...hoping for the Maker in the future🤞🏼), and being an iPad user over Windows for the most part...I LOVE this DesignSpace app!! I just love the portability of my iPad and being able to create anywhere I can take my iOS device! The developers are truly genious, and you’ve made the ability to create with the amazing Cricut soooo easy and fun! There are just a few features I’d love to see come to this app
( PRETTY PLEASE!) Please add the new curved text feature and ability to note project favorites! Those are both awesome features new to Design Space on Windows! I think it would also be a tremendous app feature to be able to add shapes by dragging and dropping where you want them on the project canvas instead of them appearing in the upper left corner of the canvas. Finally, if you could make it possible to highlight/select multiple items in the layers panel by tapping (just as you would by holding the shift key on a computer) that would also be soooo awesomely great! Thank you for this app that makes crafting so fun, and thanks for considering my comments! Have a great day!!
- Cricut, Inc.
- 123.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Cricut, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Cricut Access $9.99
- item(s) $0.99
- item(s) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.