CrimeDoor is the new, a one-of-a-kind mobile news app, combining an extensive database of True Crime new reports, videos, case evidence, podcasts with innovative Augmented Reality 3D crime scenes.
You’ll find highlights of more than 700 True Crime crime cases, presented from the victim's point of view, with a focus on murder, missing persons, mysterious deaths and unsolved cases around the world.
CrimeDoor is the only True Crime app featuring custom Augmented Reality (AR) crime scenes, allowing you to (virtually) walk into crime scenes, using a mobile phone or tablet, from the comfort of your own home. Our scenes are built exclusively for the CrimeDoor app, recreated from detailed photos and expert analysis. Our technology presents an unparalleled opportunity to examine, investigate and report the details of real crime scenes using spatial awareness, opening the door to changing news reporting forever.
Our content has been vetted by both police officers and FBI agents as a way for everyday citizens to aid in solving open cases. Our vast library of high-quality content gives you a chilling perspective into the world of each crime scene.
- More than 700 Cases in the app, with new cases added daily
- 70,000+ hours of video
- Thousands of hours of True Crime Podcasts
- At least one new AR Crime Scene or other subscriber only content added each week
- Browse cases on a world map to discover stories close to home, and around the world
More True Crime than ever before! This update includes:
- Over 70,000 hours of free video and podcast content
- Exclusive analysis by forensics expert Paul Holes
- High profile cases like the Delphi Murders, Rebecca Zahau, Elisa Lam and others
- A new AR Crime Scene or other premium subscriber content added every week
- New stories, videos and podcasts updated daily
- Big fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I Love this App, but—
It just takes so long to load. I have accessed Ripper’s, Epstein’s, and the DELPHI Murder crime doors, but others take so long. I haven't been able to get in. Other than that, this is a brilliant way in which to get individuals immersed in unsolved crimes. I hope it generates solid leads and, ultimately, arrests/convictions.
There is a wealth of information (podcasts, news articles, documentaries, etc.), brought together in one place for each case. My only complaint is that I cannot efficiently access the crime doors. Perhaps, instead of a circular-loading symbol (whatever it's technically called), it could be a bar, so as to indicate exactly how far into the loading process we are. But keep the color blue...😁
Finally! A True Crime Library
The vast amount of content within this app is so well managed and curated, with access to all the media coverage and imagery of the period in which the crime took place. They’ve collated all the historical news and TV show content that covered each of these crime stories. There are numerous podcasts that detail the events and continue to discuss these crimes to this very day. There’s no links sending you off to another media app ...it’s all in this single app. Try walking around the actual crime scene within one of the augmented reality Door experiences while listening to the podcast describing the events that led up to this moment. Deeply immersive. A whole different perspective on headline crimes I thought I fully understood when I read about them at the time they occurred. Highly recommend the unlimited monthly subscription. It’s a good value, as you get access to all the new augmented reality Doors as they come out, AND you can continue to access the entire library of AR Doors. In terms of content, this thing is massive.
Great Information and Updates
The app has a lot of good information on it from both past and current cases. At the time of typing this is October 20, 2021 which is about a week after the Gabby Petito live autopsy reveal was announced. I heard it from this app first and went straight to it. There aren’t many free AR doors, but one they do have that’s free is the JonBenet Ramsey case, which is one of my favorite cases. They have links and videos and articles below their information. My favorite feature of the app is “This Day in Crime.” It will show a crime that happened on that day in time, and I like to look at those crimes and put small remembrance notes for the victims on school locker. All around, amazing app with great info and definitely the best true crime news app I’ve downloaded.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Navigation Media, Inc
- 146.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Navigation Media Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $4.99
- Delphi CrimeDoor $1.99
- Black Dahlia $1.99
- Mary Kelly $1.99
- Selena CrimeDoor $1.99
- Jeffrey Epstein CrimeDoor $1.99
- Rebecca Zahau CrimeDoor $1.99
- Travis Alexander CrimeDoor $1.99
- Yearly Subscription Discount $49.99
- The Menendez Murders CrimeDoor $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.