CRIMEWATCH opens communication channels between law enforcement agencies and the communities they serve.
If your local police department is NOT listed, please let them know about CRIMEWATCH, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact them about joining. All crime data comes directly from participating agencies, so if an agency is NOT on CRIMEWATCH, unfortunately no crime data will be available.
Use this app to browse crime related information from participating agencies. Information such as arrests, fugitives, incidents and other news comes directly from participating local/county/state agencies. Users can anonymously contact participating agencies, or leave contact information. CRIMEWATCH partners with law enforcement and effectively routes intelligence where it needs to go.
CRIME INFO FROM PARTICIPATING AGENCIES
• Dashboards: Displays the top content near your current location, if any
• Directory: Find the participating police departments nearest to you
• Maps: Browse and drill down into crime information from participating agencies
SEARCH, FILTER, AND EXPLORE
• Arrested: Browse arrested individuals, complete with mugshots, charges, locations and narratives
• Wanted: Browse active warrants to see who is 'most wanted' by local law enforcement
• Cases: Browse active/cold/closed cases, including narratives and video
• Incidents: See recent incidents in your area of importance
GET BREAKING NEWS DIRECTLY FROM THE SOURCE
• In the event of an emergency find important information on CRIMEWATCH first
• Content on CRIMEWATCH is created directly by our network of law enforcement agencies
• Drill down into content that is relevant to you by proximity or agencies you subscribe to
• Push Notifications – receive emergency alerts from your local law enforcement agencies directly from the CRIMEWATCH application
• Email Notifications – receive email notifications as crime occurs (real-time and daily/weekly digest options)
• Submit tips related to open warrants and cases on CRIMEWATCH
• Submit tips related to new or unknown crimes you are aware of
• Share content socially on Facebook and Twitter
• Share content directly via Email and SMS
For the complete terms and conditions, visit https://crimewatch.net/legal
For any suggestions and feedback, please email email@example.com
fix HUD display
properly display attachments
show incident media in news feed
allow broadcasters to send broadcasts
fix scrolling issue on notifications list
update various libraries
Ratings and Reviews
I love the concept of this app and it’s purpose but I am continually frustrated with its operation. Either I am totally misunderstanding how to navigate this (in which case it is overly complex) or something is wrong with this version. I’ve followed the local agencies, but I can’t seem to get the “nearby” feed to accurately report the most recent local incidents. I get local incident from various amounts of months ago seemingly randomly displayed, then as I scroll downward I get results from all agencies wishing the last few days. Very frustrated but will continues to check back due to the potential this app has.
Only Harrisburg, PA Area!?
It has potential but there are problems:
1) The app description should list which U.S. States it currently covers. The way the description is written, you'd expect it to cover several states. It just covers Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Big disappointment and a waste of my time.
2) App supposedly gives you a "choice" about using your location. I answered "No". Later on, the app declares there is no information in my area! What? How does it know that without looking up my location? Why did it even ask my location if it was just going to ignore my answer? Privacy issue.
Need a way to go back
This app really needs a way to go back on an iPhone. You click on something and then the absolute only way to go back to the previous page is to completely start over. It's extremely annoying. I just downloaded this app today and I already want to delete it off my phone. Fix this problem.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CRIMEWATCH Technologies, Inc.
- 20.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2022