CritterTrax is an iPhone/iPod Touch application for use as a wild game tracking/identification application, especially for North America. With over 50 pictures of wild game tracks, scat and photos such as Turkey, Whitetail Deer, Weasel, Mink, Moose, Coyotes, and many, many more, you will be able to identify animals while camping, hiking, hunting, or sitting in your easy chair at home.
* Scrollable list of tracks or scat for quick, easy identification
* Drill down on animals and find out their North American Distribution via map
* Built in photos of animals so no need for internet connection
* Quick Facts details about each animal with information such as Height, Weight, Diet, etc.
* Links to Wikipedia for each animal if you are in a location that has internet access (not required)
* Simple, intuitive interface
* Simple track identification quiz provided with 5 random questions each time to help you learn the animals.
* Internet access NOT REQUIRED for features (except link to Wikipedia on the Quick Facts page needs internet connection to get additional information directly from Wikipedia if desired)
iOS 12.1 support fix
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good app
Good info and good pictures. Still didn't identify the scat in the yard though. Probably because diet variation can really change appearances. For instance, the black bears around here eat a lot of blackberries and apples. Pretty obvious to tell which is in season. So more pictures would be good. Would be nice if the app had info about gender differences too.
And if the devs had the budget, a social scat catalog would be great. Tagged and geotagged photos in Flickr or wherever with community identification, comments, ratings, etc would be a great way to create a larger knowledge base.
(By the way, I resisted many scatological puns and double entendres. It was tough, the temptation is strong. I'm sure you can fill in the blanks easily enough!)
I love bigfoot
I needed a set of different tracks. I looked in the app store, and found this app. It gives you an animal's range in north america, a picture of its poo, it's tracks, a picture of the animal, and let's you listen to what it sounds like! There are 43 different animals to choose from! Including bigfoot! I highly recommend this app! It's awesome!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.