Cronk is a cave man who is trying to save his tribal villages from destruction. In order to help him you must tap the touchscreen to define the direction that you want him to throw his boulders. The object is to match three or more of the same color boulders to destroy the train of boulders before they crush Cronk’s village. Along the way you’ll encounter special boulders that will aid in your quest. Test your skills with multiple levels of difficulty!
- Classic Mode with choice of easy, medium or hard through 15 challenging levels
- Timed Mode in your choice of tribal village and amount of time
- Score points by matching and removing three or more boulders
- Additional points for completing each level and destroying longer chains of boulders
- Explosion boulders explodes rocks in the vicinity for more points!
- Bonus boulders for extra points
- Pause boulders temporarily pauses the train of boulders for your destroying pleasure!
- Reverse boulders puts the train in reverse!
- Choose between smooth or rough boulders
- Control volume of game music and special effects
- Listen to your own music while you play Cronk!
"Cronk has a fun soundtrack and good sound effects..." - TUAW
"Since the update I like Cronk even more and find it to be a great choice for someone interested in a neat casual game for the iPhone or iPod Touch." - Gear Diary
"Cronk is a prime example of what you can do with the iPhone if you are really imaginative.... All in all, a pretty addictive color tapping and color matching game" - iPhone Footprint
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Updated to include support for iOS 9
Ratings and Reviews
Graphics and Sound above average
I think the game is a bit too expensive but, on the whole, I am not sorry I purchased it. The sound effects and graphics are wonderful. I do not like having to start back at the first level and would appreciate an option to continue from the level where I left off. Game is a bit difficult on later levels and the controls are a bit difficult; I prefer the iPod click wheel game of Zuma to Cronk because it is easier to aim. However, Cronk's graphics and sound effects are fun and keep one happily occupied for a while. Not sure how much replay the game will have.
Has Great Potential, But Not There Yet
This has potential to be decent but it currently lacks the polish and features of a couple of similar apps. I had originally hoped that the developers would regularly update the game but there's been little done since it was released; and they haven't posted any hope for updates.
I had emailed them for some feedback and had a couple of questions (I paid $8 for the app!) but they never responded at all.
UPDATE: I guess they read my review because they finally responded with some news that some updates are on the way. I understand that all of the apps are works in progress. I just wish more developers understood the value of communication. All it takes is a few sentences under the app description to let us know. I do like the foundation of Cronk so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Fun and addictive
Cronk’s easy to pick up (my four year old also plays it) yet highly addictive gameplay should provide hours of entertainment for a broad audience making this game a must have for $4.99. Fans of games such as Puzzle Bobble (a.k.a. Bust-a-Move) should have a blast with this one. This game is a lot of fun and a great pickup to fill those mobile moments of downtime.
The developer, Cronk Software, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Cronk Software
- 16.2 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 6.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Cronk Software, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.