Cross Stitch Journal is the best app for tracking your cross stitch projects from start to finish. When you find a design that you would like to stitch, create a project in the Wishlist. From there the project can be moved from the Wishlist through the Have Chart, Ready to Start, Started, and Finished stages as you collect supplies and stitch your project. The list of Finished projects can be used to documents all your stitching accomplishments.
- Track projects from start to finish
- Record date, time and stitches every time that you stitch a project
- Use the built-in timer to record times when you start and stop stitching
- Started project summary shows completed stitches, percentage complete, and number of remaining stitching days to completion
- Project charts show project progress over time
- Project status charts show percentage complete for each started project
- Summary charts show projects stitched over a certain time period.
- Dashboard view shows the number of projects in each stage
- List projects in each stage (I think this belongs at the top of the list along with other general uses like track projects and record stitching days)
- Project logs show when a project was stitched
- Fabric calculator can be used to easily calculate fabric size for any fabric count
- Pause projects to remove them from project lists.
- Archived projects are permanently removed from project lists.
- Deleted projects also remove logs for that project.
- Previous data tracked using the Cross Stitch Journal spreadsheet can be imported into the app.
Cross Stitch Journal can be used for free to track up to three projects. Unlocking the app will allow you to track an unlimited number of projects. Unlocking will also allow you to import data from the Cross Stitch Journal spreadsheet.
Download Cross Stitch Journal and start tracking your cross stitching today.
Bug fix: active logs were incorrectly affecting project status calculations.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Cross Stitch Journal App EVER!!
I’ve tried other apps in the past but this one by far is the best! The best features - tracks so many data points and creates charts and graphs in all possible ways to show progress and predict finish dates. Trends, hours, stitches… you can track it all or just track what you want. It has a simple yet elegant interface that is easy to use. My favorite feature is the timer start and stop from the projects screen to track every stitching session and capture logs. From a wish list to a “pause” (time out) list, this app has everything! I’ve already paid for the full version because I know I’ve finally found for good the perfect app that will track my stitching!!
I love this app for tracking both the time I am stitching as well as number of stitches completed. The graphs and other tools are so helpful to visualize how much progress I am making. Thanks so much for making this app. I am wondering if there is a way to add my progress for a day of stitching where I did not do the timer to start stitching and then to end stitching? Sometimes I just want to be able to enter my progress when I have forgotten to do the timer. So far I have not found a way to do this. Am I missing something?
Not counting correctly
I found this and thought “finally something to track my stitching without having to keep a spreadsheet”! However after using it for a few days I’m realizing it doesn’t count correctly. I use a stitching app that allows me to check off stitches so it has up to date progress of how many stitches I did for the day and shows the remaining stitches. At the end of my sessions I put my total stitches for the day in my session in this app and save. When I then look at “number of stitches remaining” in this app and compare it to the other one it is always 4-5 stitches short compared to the other. I’ve even adjusted it and added a few stitches to the session so it matches my stitching application, the next session? Same issue. Maybe it’s just a bug, but it’s a little frustrating. Hopefully an update will be able to fix this in the future.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review! Can you please check and make sure that the total number stitches for your project matches the total stitches that are entered in your other stitching app? If they do and you are still seeing a different number of remaining stitches, please contact me through my support email address. I would like to work with you to figure out what the problem is.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blitstitch Labs, LLC
- 3.4 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Blitstitch Labs LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Full Application $5.99