Play Crossword puzzles from newspapers around the world right on your Mac! Each day many newspapers provide their crossword puzzles online; with one click you can download and solve them, get hints, view clues, and track how quickly you're improving. Start a puzzle on your Mac, then finish it on your iPhone or iPad.
The #1 Crossword Player on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch just landed on your Mac!
• New puzzles every day
• Synchronize puzzles between your Mac, iPhone and iPad
• Right-click a square to view hints
• Automatically downloads all of today's puzzles
• Nearly unlimited puzzles from many different sites
• US and UK Cryptic puzzles available
• Hints, Websites, and Clue lookups
• Enter answers in 'ink' or 'pencil'
• Quickly see your recently played, or sort by date, provider, or difficulty
• Detailed info on each puzzle
• Post your solve times online and compare with other solvers
• Grab older puzzles with a click
Using Puzzle Sync, you can pick up a puzzle on any device, work on it, and finish it on another, seamlessly.
Included Puzzle Sources:
• Village Voice (archives only)
• Chronicle of Higher Education (archives only)
• Manchester Evening News (archives only)
• King Features Crosswords
• People Magazine (archives only)
* Providers list subject to change. Some providers may no longer be publishing, but may sill have older puzzles available in Archive form, accessible via the "Download Older Puzzles" option *
• For support, please visit our website at http://www.standalone.com •
Please note that Crosswords requires an internet connection to download puzzles. Puzzle Sync requires the purchase of Crosswords or Crosswords Classic from the iOS App Store.
- fixed a cell background color problem
- don't try to log in to Game Center if it isn't selected in Preferences
Ratings and Reviews
Ok, but buggy
While this app does exactly what you’d expect there are some serious differences fromt the iOS app. This app is no where near the iOS version and many of the features that made the iOS version awesome are lacking. In the iOS app (if you turn on hints) if you get the correct letter it doesn’t delete it no matter what you do. In this app (with hints) if you misspell a word and try to use the delete key it removes non correct as well as correct. I wish there was a feature to stop this. There are some serous bugs in this app that haven’t been address for almost three years. For example trying to access older puzzles is buggy. Trying to select older days is not aligned properly. While customer support has acknoweledged this, there have not been any improvements in a long time. It’s a good app, but it could be better.
A nice app.
I enjoy doing crossword puzzles and this app makes doing crossword puzzles on my Mac a breeze. It syncs with the iPhone app and the addition of Retina support in the version is a plus. A great and welcomed update.
iget the puzzle but NO CLUES are showing. How do i get the word clues up? Its just the puzzle grid. im sure I’m probably overlooking something simple, but right now i cant use the $24 uzzle app i bought. HELP!!
Uninstalled and reinstalled and is working now. I guess it just didn’t download correctly the first time.
- Stand Alone, Inc.
- 2.2 MB
OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2008-2018 Stand Alone, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.