"… the definitive source for puzzles for iOS…" -- the New York Times
Play the Award Winning Crosswords on your iPad or iPhone, optimized for iOS 12! Each day many newspapers provide their crossword puzzles online; wake up each day to new puzzles, solve them, get hints, view clues, and track how quickly you're improving!
• Touch and hold a square to view hints
• US and UK Cryptic puzzles available
• Hints, Websites, and Clue lookups
• Enter answers in 'ink' or 'pencil'
• Quickly see your recently played, or sort by date, difficulty or source
• Detailed info on each puzzle
• Post your solve times online and compare with other solvers
After upgrading, you can also:
• Automatically get new puzzles every day
• Access nearly unlimited puzzles from many different sources
• Grab older puzzles with a tap
• Download new puzzles automatically in the background
Upgraded Puzzle Sources:
• Brendan Emmett Quigley's Weekly Puzzle
• Inkwell Crossword (Archives only)
• Village Voice (Archives only)
• Chronicle of Higher Education (Archives only)
• King Features Crosswords (Joseph, Sheffer, and Premier)
• People Magazine (Archives only)
• Newsday (Archives only)
• Andy Kravis, Cruciverbist at Law
• Glutton for Pun
• MacNamara’s Band
• Murchie’s Monday Fills
• Neville Fogarty
• Puzzle Express
• The Stickler Weekly
• World of Crosswords
Premium Crosswords subscription required:
• Matt Gaffney’s Crossword Contest
• American Values Crossword
• Crooked Crosswords
Providers list subject to change.
•• For support, please visit our website at http://www.standalone.com ••
- improved macOS support
- improved Dark Mode support
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not worth the cost
The included difficult puzzles are good. The easy ones aren’t worth the time. After completing all of the hard ones, new difficult ones are few and far between. Maybe 2 per week.
Useless for the Telegraph Cryptic
I upgraded today from Crossword Classic, which had stopped downloading the Telegraph 2 days ago. I upgraded specifically to access the Telegraph, which was listed on the app info. My sign in to the Telegraph wasn’t accepted on either my iPhone or my iPad (both running iOS 11.4.1); the sign in works perfectly well on the Telegraph site. Then the option to sign in disappeared completely along with all signs of the Telegraph. The app itself is horribly designed. The original Crossword Classic app, which I’ve used for years, was easy to navigate. This version is absurd—but I could live with it if the Telegraph worked. Either fix the issue or please give me a refund.
Reasonable software; non-existent support
I bought this software so that I could download puzzles from a couple of websites and import them into third App. Unfortunately, the functionality to import downloaded puzzles is not available in the trial version.
However, when I downloaded some sample puzzles (.puz files) I was unable to import them. They would just show up as grayed-out items and I could not import them. I sent a message to the developer in late December. To date I’ve not heard a reply.
If you want to plunk down ~$10 for a non supported piece of software, this is a good place to start!
- Stand Alone, Inc.
- 14.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- ©2008-2020 Stand Alone, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Crosswords Pro $9.99
- Crosswords Pro (Upgrade) $3.99
- Edited By Tausig 2 $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.