In an ever-changing world, heroes are the only constants.
Dark times are imminent: the king’s abduction throws a once peaceful land into turmoil. Being the chosen one elected by the king himself through one of your dreams, you embark on an adventurous journey to free him from the hands of the evil duke and go down in history as the kingdom’s greatest hero. But time is of the essence…
Crowntakers combines turn-based strategy with RPG elements and takes you at the behest of the crown into a medieval fantasy world full of challenging encounters and epic adventures. With its randomly generated world, Crowntakers offers a varied gaming experience every time you set out to fight evil. As a hero on a mission, you’ll have to assemble a group of brave mercenaries to take on cruel enemies like barbarians, ferocious animals or deceitful thieves. Embark on challenging quests, gather vital resources and finally banish evil from the world.
- Roguelike turn-based strategy meets RPG in a beautifully created fantasy world
- On every game start the world is rebuilt with different environments and encounters; encouraging players to try different strategies
- More than 4 diverse and procedural environments ranging from mountain passes to shadowy castles
- Hire 9 individual mercenaries to take on bandits, wildlife and malevolent knights on a hexagonal battlefield. Utilise the unique class skills of the archer, wizard, scout and others
- Gather resources, level-up your companions, collect mighty equipment and consume helpful potions to survive until your quest is complete
- Alternative endings: will you save the king before the time runs out?
System requirements (minimum):
- OS: Mac® OS 10.8
- Processor: Core 2 Duo
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD 4000/ATI Radeon HD 4650/Nvidia GeForce 2xx or higher
- Hard Drive: 1 GB available space
Fixed startup crashes
Ratings and Reviews
Challenging Weekend Game
As other reviewers noted: yes, this is a hardcore game that punishes failure. There exists an easy mode if you really need to win without earning it.
Great if you like starting over everytime you screw up.
There is no way to save a game at a particular point. If you die, you start from the beginning and get a new randomized game. It’s easy to die. This was a waste of money.
A truly disappointing game
A game that never can be won in normal mode and maybe not in “easy” mode - need to fail uncountable times to get anywhere. I recommend not purchasing it.
- Kalypso Media Group GmbH
- 276.4 MB
OS X 10.6.6 or later
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Copyright © 2017 Kalypso Media Group GmbH. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Crowntakers: Undead Undertakings $3.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.