Your guide to the Marlborough Sounds
This interactive cruising guide provides detailed local knowledge about the hidden gems that the Marlborough Sounds has to offer. Plan a weekend trip or discover more about the bays around you. Learn about the available water-side facilities and the hazards to look out for.
Offline maps and detailed nautical charts allow you to browse the moorings and safe anchorages while out on the water, with guidance on safe boating and up-to-date tide forecasts.
Information is constantly updated from a combination of experienced local knowledge and the feedback our users provide from within the app.
- Detailed information for most bays, ports, anchorages and beaches
- Downloadable maps and charts for offline use
- Live marine traffic of vessels transmitting their position
- Exclusive notifications straight from the Harbour Masters Office
- Nautical charts, topographical maps and satellite imagery
- Tide times and height predictions for over 60 locations in and around the Marlborough Sounds
- Locations of club and private moorings
- Water-side facilities such as toilets, camping and drinking water
- Report an incident or concern to the Harbour Master
- Navigation warnings, hazards and safety information
- Locations of boat ramps, jetties and water-ski lanes
- Information on travel, highlights, fishing and more...
NOTE: This app is optimised for iPhone.
Fixes and enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
A valuable app
This app is a valuable informational tool for those of us who live here and boat the Sounds regularly. For the seasonal and occasional visitors it should be a must-have. I'd like to make a couple improvement suggestions:
First, Add some live camera views for the Kenepuru and Pelorus Sounds. This would make this a 5 star app for me.
Second, provide more url links to local Sounds businesses important to Sounds boaters - Oddies, Bow to Stern, the boatable restaurant locations, etc.
many thanks. Hoping this app is maintained, enhanced, and kept up to date.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.