Crypt of the NecroDancer is an award winning hardcore roguelike rhythm game. Move to the music and deliver beatdowns to the beat! Groove to the epic Danny Baranowsky soundtrack, or easily select songs from your own iTunes collection!
Awards & Accolades:
- Game Developers Choice Awards: WINNER, Best Audio
- Independent Games Festival: Excellence In Design Nominee
- Independent Games Festival: Excellence In Audio Nominee
- Gaming Age: “Unique, fun, and wildly imaginative” -- A+
- The Guardian: "You're gonna love it" -- 5/5
- TouchArcade: "One of this generation's finest games" -- 5 stars
- Pulse pounding rhythm-based dungeon crawling gameplay
- Play with any song in your music library!
- Randomly generated dungeons provide countless hours of fun
- GameCenter achievements & leaderboards
- Choose from one of 3 touch control schemes (dpad, edge, or swipe)
- Controller support
- BONUS: 6 playable remixed OSTs included!
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
You’ve played tap-to-the-beat music games and you’ve played die-and-start-over dungeon-crawlers, but you’ve never played anything quite like Crypt of the NecroDancer. From its opera-singing shopkeepers to the cadenced combat, this ingenious, retro-flavored blend of rhythm game and roguelike RPG is charming and captivating. A unique gem well worth exploring.
Pretty much phenomenal
This game is polished, unique, and almost bug free. There is a huge bug with the pause button — if you pause and come back sometimes the game will freeze, causing you to lose your progress, which is frustrating. Sometimes the game will lag for no reason— as if the character is underwater.
Otherwise, the game is brutally difficult. It’s difficulty makes progress deliciously rewarding and there’s a somewhat consistent sense of progress, to keep you coming back. (That progress stops after a while though.) Regardless, the rush you feel after every run, success or fail, surpasses the frustration of the ridiculous learning curve. I do not recommend the game for anyone without a keen sense of rhythm; the rhythm is obviously a core part of the gameplay, and having not yet mastered keeping rhythm will make an already hardcore game a lot harder. You have been warned. However, if you have or are playing an instrument, like I am, then it’s a phenomenal game.
i loved beating it but...
i love this game on mobile. beat it with my 6s in a day and got up to level 3 as melody. it’s fair to say i’m pretty decent at the game, the problem however is i recently got an iphone x. My backup for corrupted for my iphone 6s and had to download the game again (i didn’t select icloud save so i had to start all over- which i mean, that’s alright i wanted to do another play through anyway). however the game isn’t optimized for the iphone X. due to the added screen space on the X, the d pad controls are super small making it easy to “crush” the movement (like i literally dislike playing the first tutorial stage) and i can only imagine dying to tons of blood spells later in the game where combinations are needed. in conclusion/summary: please optimize this amazing port for the screen dimensions of the iphone x
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- BRACE YOURSELF GAMES INC.
- 2.2 GB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 Brace Yourself Games
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.