Manage and view all your files like documents, musics, and videos, also more importantly, provide three levels of protection to your files: app passcode, encrypted disk, hidden encrypted disk.
Our app is globally rated 4 stars (all rates counted):
“Very good. As advertised.”- by Mar** , American user
“Toll Kommt mit True- und Veracrypt zurecht” - by Parab* (Great It’s true - support Veracrypt), Germany user
“FINALMENTE!!! Um Aplicativo de REAL Criptografia”(Finally!!! a real crypto application) - by Calh*, Brazilian user
“Very good file manager - very easy to use, support copy folder, I look for it so hard…” - by Hutu**, Chinese user
【General file management 】(available both inside and outside of encrypted disks):
1. Support to view files natively supported by iOS, like JPG, MOV, PDF, Office files, and iWorks files. Support to play most video files that haven't been natively supported by iOS like mkv, flv, mp4, avi, wmv, rm, rmvb, ogv, and 3gp.
2. Support to view and edit text files.
3. Support general file operations like copy, paste, and rename.
4. Support to unarchive ZIP and RAR files. Support to create ZIP files.
5. Import files from and export files to other Apps (including Apps like Dropbox, Box, OneDrive etc.) on the same device.
6. Import files from and export files to Document Providers (including iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Box, and Apps that support to be Document Providers like the Documents App). iOS 8 only.
7. File transfer (across iOS devices, Mac, and PC). In addition to general iTune based file transfer, the App supports HTTP file transfer, FTP file transfer (the App can act as FTP server or FTP client, and the FTP server supports to resume download), and AirDrop file transfer.
【Three levels of protection to your files】:
1. App passcode and Touch ID. It’s only the basic level of protection, though some other Apps only provide such protection.
2. Encrypted disk (aka encrypted volume). We use the TrueCrypt/VeraCrypt virtual disk encryption format, an open, popular, 3rd party audited, and time-tested format (used about ten years). An encrypted virtual disk file appears as an ordinary file before it is opened, but actually it contains an encrypted file system (the App uses AES-256 encryption algorithm and supports other algorithms as well). The encrypted file system can be viewed and modified if and only if its encryption key is provided for decryption. Encrypting the whole file system not only encrypts the contents of your files, but also encrypts the meta data of your files, like file name and file size. Such idea is also widely used in desktop operation systems for better protection (like the Mac OS X’s FileVault solution).
3. Hidden encrypted disk. Sometimes the user may be forced to reveal the password of an encrypted disk file (e.g., holden by bad guys or asked by his girlfriend), he/she may use the more complicated one, hidden encrypted disk. A hidden encrypted disk is a disk created at the back portion of an outer encrypted disk file. If others do not know the password of hidden encrypted disk, they not only cannot view the content of hidden encrypted disk, but also cannot even know the existence of hidden encrypted disk. Thus, the user could put the most secret files into hidden encrypted disk, and when he/she was forced to reveal the password of the disk file, he/she only needs to reveal the password of the outer crypto disk and deny the existence of the hidden crypto disk.
(Check documentation in the App for further details.)
The App supports encrypted disks with FAT (FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32) file system now.
On you Mac or PC, you could use either Truecrypt 7.1a or VeraCrypt1.0f to open encrypted disk files, which could be downloaded from http://www.truecrypt71a.com/download, https://veracrypt.codeplex.com
1. Support to import live photos from Photos (importing as JPG file)
2. Minor UI changes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Crashes on iPhone X 11.2.1
Crashes when trying to export a photo. Does not show up under the “photos” privacy settings, so I can’t give it permission by myself. Seems that it crashes when it is going to ask for permission to access photos.
Exactly What I was Looking For
I was searching for an encryption app that can be used completely offline. While cloud services ‘might’ be secure I wouldn’t trust them with my private files (i.e. passports, contracts, medical files, SSN’s, marriage/birth/death certs, credit reports, work files, resumes, tax returns, etc.). Crypto Disks uses VeraCrypt (or TrueCrypt) containers. I’ve been using the desktop version of VeraCrypt for many years (free open source encryption software so you know there are no backdoors). Crypto Disks is a perfect solution. You can add/delete containers via private home Wi-Fi (but you can also edit the containers in the Crypto Disks app is you prefer). I update my containers using VeraCrypt them simply replace them in the Crypto Disk app on my iphone. Now I have all my encrypted files at my fingertips 24/7! What more could I ask for 😬
It’s great, but the limitations are there.
This app is great when it comes to opening encrypted containers on iOS. Unfortunately though, it has two big flaws: No support for key files, and it can’t open a container formatted in anything other than FAT. I was hoping I was going to be able to open containers I created long ago formatted as MacOS Extended and with keyfiles, but sadly it wasn’t possible.
I understand implementing Veracrypt on mobile is hard enough as it is, but I’ll hold my breath it will overcome these limitations.
It’s still very useful if you need to carry around sensitive documents and want additional protection on top of what iOS provides by default.
- 英佩 曾
- 28.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Yingpei Zeng
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.